CCleaner forces Google Chrome installation?

John Doe

I don't know how I got this installation file, but looks like
CCleaner 3.19 forces the installation of Google Chrome. Of course you
can cancel, but they give you no option to avoid the Google Chrome
installation. They don't even say it's going to be installed, they
just say it's a good thing...

Nil

I don't know how I got this installation file, but looks like
CCleaner 3.19 forces the installation of Google Chrome. Of course
you can cancel, but they give you no option to avoid the Google
Chrome installation. They don't even say it's going to be
installed, they just say it's a good thing...

Not true. You can easily opt out during installation if you pay
attention and don't just hit random keys while staring into space.

And they're up to version 3.27 now.

John Doe

In fact, the installation of CCleaner 3.19 is exactly as I said.
In fact, there are no options to remove the Google Chrome
installation part that follows without warning immediately after
the options part. And the Google Chrome installation part part
doesn't even really say that it's going to install Google Chrome,
it's just a graphic talking about how great Google Chrome is. And
then if you try to cancel at that point, it will say that it's
exiting the CCleaner installation (whether it does or not). And it
definitely tries to install Google Chrome if you don't cancel.

Nildo the Troll is so incredibly full of it...

From: Nil <rednoise REMOVETHIScomcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:19:12 -0500

I don't know how I got this installation file, but looks like
CCleaner 3.19 forces the installation of Google Chrome. Of course
you can cancel, but they give you no option to avoid the Google
Chrome installation. They don't even say it's going to be
installed, they just say it's a good thing...

Not true. You can easily opt out during installation if you pay
attention and don't just hit random keys while staring into space.

And they're up to version 3.27 now.

I have installed CCleaner many times and have always seen and acted on the
option not to install Chrome. I can't understand how you would miss it.

Geoff Pearson

From: Nil <rednoise REMOVETHIScomcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:19:12 -0500

On 04 Feb 2013, John Doe <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote in
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:

I don't know how I got this installation file, but looks like
CCleaner 3.19 forces the installation of Google Chrome. Of course
you can cancel, but they give you no option to avoid the Google
Chrome installation. They don't even say it's going to be
installed, they just say it's a good thing...

Not true. You can easily opt out during installation if you pay
attention and don't just hit random keys while staring into space.

And they're up to version 3.27 now.

I have installed CCleaner many times and have always seen and acted on the
option not to install Chrome. I can't understand how you would miss it.

Sorry - I take my comment back. I've just tried it and there is no option
re Chrome - but equally it doesn't seem to have give me Chrome. The release
notes say something about improved Google Chrome integration. I'm off to
find it and remove it.

Geoff Pearson

Geoff Pearson said:

From: Nil <rednoise REMOVETHIScomcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:19:12 -0500

[...]

No Chrome invasion here, despite 3 downloading of the excellent CCleaner.

Rene Lamontagne

From: Nil <rednoise REMOVETHIScomcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:19:12 -0500

[...]

Just updated from CC 3.24 to 3.27 and as usual there is no Google
Chrome Install .
AS Usual John Doe is So full of shit its affecting his brain! Why in
hell is he installing 3.19 when CC is up to Ver 3.27.1900?
Goes with the territory I guess.

Rene

Nil

Sorry - I take my comment back. I've just tried it and there is
no option re Chrome - but equally it doesn't seem to have give me
Chrome. The release notes say something about improved Google
Chrome integration. I'm off to find it and remove it.

That's my finding, too. I was thinking of something else (Irfanview, as
I recall) that had the easily-avoidable Chrome offer during
installation. CCleaner has no foistware of any kind included.

Its "improved Chrome integration" has to do with CCleaner being able to
clear Chrome's cache and cookies.

I've had CCleaner installed for years, updating it often. I don't have,
and have never had Google Chrome on this computer, which in itself
refutes the OP's claim.

(By the way, watch out for that clown. Whenever anyone disagrees with
him he starts cross-posting his replies to your messages to a bunch of
unrelated groups as some sort of juvenile retaliation.)

Mike Tomlinson

Nil <rednoise@REM said:
(By the way, watch out for that clown. Whenever anyone disagrees with
him he starts cross-posting his replies to your messages to a bunch of
unrelated groups as some sort of juvenile retaliation.)

A classic troll tactic.

John Doe

But of course, any version other than 3.19 could be different. And
in fact, prior versions installed differently here. And the reason
I have version 3.19 is obviously because I haven't taken the time
to download the most recent version. But seriously...

And here we have a know-it-all wannabe with a grand total of five
posts to UseNet under its current alias, calling me a "troll"...

--

Noarchive and/or nymshifting
From: Rene Lamontagne <klamont shaw.ca>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:29:03 -0600

Geoff Pearson said:
"Geoff Pearson" <gspearson1647 hotmail.com> wrote in message
mid.individual.net...

dont-email.me...

From: Nil <rednoise REMOVETHIScomcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:19:12 -0500

[...]

1. Don't know where you get your info but I have been posting to Usenet
for at least 8 or 10 years, I have no idea how many times I have posted
and really don't care. AND I have never used an alias.

2.Didn't call you a troll, I said You were full of shit! Totally
different thing.

Rene

John Doe

Nil said:
CCleaner has no foistware of any kind included.

Version 3.19 does, Nildo.

From: Nil <rednoise REMOVETHIScomcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:13:51 -0500

Mike Easter

John said:
But of course, any version other than 3.19 could be different. And
in fact, prior versions installed differently here. And the reason
I have version 3.19 is obviously because I haven't taken the time
to download the most recent version.

Perhaps you mean *your* version.

Where did you get your alleged CCleaner 3.19? Maybe you downloaded a
bogus CCleaner from somewhere.

Mike Easter

Mike said:
Perhaps you mean *your* version.

Where did you get your alleged CCleaner 3.19? Maybe you downloaded a
bogus CCleaner from somewhere.

According to FileHippo, the md5 for v3.19 was
CFBAA5DC7F01D2D2D530BF9C9DDFBB16

Check yours.

John Doe

As usual, some well known website. And I often download from
multiple websites and compare the files.

See for yourself.
According to FileHippo, the md5 for v3.19 was
CFBAA5DC7F01D2D2D530BF9C9DDFBB16

Check yours.

The Codes Match!

Being an expert user, I would've noticed if it were malware (they
always try to phone home). The only way I'm able to get it to
install CCleaner 3.19 without Google Chrome is to accept the
Google Chrome installation and prevent that part of the
installation from connecting to the Internet.