37,000 Chrome users downloaded a fake Adblock Plus extension.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oooops.

If you use Adblock Plus with Chrome and downloaded the extension pretty recently, you may want to check what you've installed. Apparently, a fake Adblock Plus extension made it through Google's verification process and lived in the official Chrome Web Store alongside the real one. Google has taken down the phony listing after SwiftOnSecurity tweeted about it and put the company on blast, but by then, it has already been up long enough to fool 37,000 people. That's a drop in the bucket for a service that has 10 million users, but it sounds like trouble for those who were unlucky enough to download it.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/09/fake-adblock-plus-chrome-extension/

Personally in my opinion, you should be using Ublock Origin. Although it does have a higher chance of breaking websites due to having so many more filters and options.

Reaction score
Yeah, uBlock Origin is a much better ad blocker - my sister uses that on her old Toshiba C660-2E2 thanks to me ^-^

I personally don't use an adblocker because I go on a lot of small websites.

Ask a Question