Car Insurance

Reaction score
Hello...

For any of you that are under 26 years of age here, and like to drive, i found a great car insurance company...

www.quinn-direct.com

Well i don't know if they are good at paying out for claims etc etc but for £981.99 i got a TF&T policy on my car that allows me to drive *ANY* other private vehicle Third Party. They seem to be the only company that offer this in the UK - as all the other companies say you have to be 26 or over and have a fully comprehensive policy.

They also allow you to modify your vehicle in any way you like as long as it doesn't increase performance or fuel capacity - so i didn't even need to declare my alloys, which other companies would charge for.

I could have just renewed my current policy for £825.00 but figured i would look really cool driving to college in dads Volvo estate... ;) well it is two-and-a-half litre turbocharged!!! We were quoted £1,000 just to add me to his policy.

There is also no young drivers excess - so its just the standard £135 they charge anyone. At the moment i think i have a £300 young drivers excess PLUS the standard company excess.

So heads up for anyone that wants insurance like that, they are really helpful too. I rung them up for a quote and talked to a lovely young Irish lady called Jennifer :)

Chris

Reaction score
That's "IF" your dad will let you...

It would be more overkill than looking cool driving it in as there is usually no-one in the carpark Postill ;)

They wouldn't notice...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You're going to fork out an extra £157.00 just so's you can drive a Volvo estate?

You want your bumps felt mate :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Car insuarance ... £981.99 :confused:

I'll walk. ;)

Reaction score
Mucks - I'm paying £1500 at the mo!!

And yeah - well it would be handy to be able to drive any car, if mine went wrong or anything..

Imrie - we been through this, of course he will let me, its nearly 10 years old with OVER 225,000 miles on the clock, and its worth peanuts. Its not like its his prized posession or anything... Infact he's taking me down the trading estate on the 28th to teach me how to drive it (alot different to my car). I was kidding about turning heads and what not, it would be nice because its like driving an armchair, you sink into the seats they are so comfortable - heated too :p

Reaction score
Haha good fun :)

At least your dad will let you go in the car, i've just enforced a ban on my parents getting into mine, and thats because of the agro my brother is getting about his driving lol :p

I don't want my parents judging my driving at all...

Reaction score
If i were you i would take all the constructive critiscism i could get in the 1st year of driving - there are things that you really should pick up on that you aren't taught/differ from what your taught. Equally there will be things that you are unsure on and could use the advice on. It's all part of driving.

I dont mind if my dad borrows my car (mum dosen't drive manual) as long as he pays the petrol and as long as i didnt need it.

But yeah the volvo will still have a 2.0 16v Focus off the lights hehehehe

Reaction score
Altho i'm 35 I am paying £546 fully comp. Been told thts quite good tho. It is my first car and insurance policy I suppose.

Reaction score
What car do you drive?

I would pay 2 or 3 times that for fully comp on my car (1.6 306) with a years no claims.

Reaction score
I really don't understand why you always use the phrase "It'll Have Yours Off The Lights" as it's really annoying, as long as a car gets you from A to B safely then it'd be the best car.

And out of all the cars you have Postill, mine "WOULD" be the safest, 5Star NCAP Rating ;)

So that's assuring when you crash into me when trying to race me from the lights :)

Reaction score
Technically Imrie, you would be crashing into me as my car is faster, even though yours is more powerful and 16v. That would be because yours is automatic.

Yeah, a good car gets you from A to B - and thats the point of a motor vehicle after all... but if you legally can, why not have some fun... generally i drive sedately and economically but if i can afford it, i'll have some fun.

I'm not denying that your car is safer - mines 3 star yours is 5. Mine has 1 airbag, yours has what..6? Mine was £800, yours STARTS at £17,500. Mine would also be 11 years old this year - yours isn't even off the production line yet LOL.

But i bought mine with my hard earned cash, was the best i could afford, and was exactly what i wanted - something that looks good, is powerful enough to be fun, big enough to be (relativly) safe and 5 door.

I didnt say that "the best" car would be the one that won a race off the lights. our volvo (with 5 people and loads of luggage) had a chav off the lights the other day. That battlecruiser isn't exactly the best car (nor was that nova, but thats besides the point).

I guess theres a part of you that enjoys driving, i got it you dont. I don't agree with dangerous driving though - if its legal and safe, then why not.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Boy ... with all this crashing and wheel screeching ... I do hope you two reach your 18th birthdays ... without killing anybody else but yourselves.

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Not long for me, little under a month till i'm 18.

And Postill's already there... my car doesn't actually exist, arrives in March...

Reaction score
I don't do dangerous driving...

and i want to be a traffic cop so getting any points is not high on my to do list!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
And I thought paying 252 pound fully comprehensive was dear....Phewww

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Imrie are you getting a golf GTI or something ?? £17500 :eek: is damn expensive for a first car

Edit: oh and by the way mine was £1700 ish last year and about £1100 this year for a 1L W reg corsa

Last edited:
Reaction score
He's getting a brand new 55 or 06 reg Ford Focus Zetec Climate in panther black...metallic of course...1.6i 16v 5 door... its a pretty sweet motability deal... free insurance aswell!

Ask a Question