    feature.

    Please someone advise me?

    Many thanks - Chris Brady.

    CJB, Jan 29, 2010

  2. CJB

    John Inzer Guest

    CJB wrote:
    > I'm trying to capture streaming video clips from the BBC web site. I
    > understand that this is in FLV format, but direct recording is
    > blocked.
    >
    > I have tried WMRecorder from Applian.com - but this screws up my codec
    > settings for playing normal video files - and doesn't work for me.
    >
    > I have tried HiDownload (and FLVRecorder) from Streamingstar.com - but
    > this doesn't work for me either - and - WARNING - Norton reports that
    > there is a virus in the FLVRecorder.exe file.
    >
    > And I have tried VLC - but the settings required are so complex, and
    > the latest version seems not to have a streaming video capture
    > feature.
    >
    > Please someone advise me?
    >
    > Many thanks - Chris Brady.

    If you download and install the Mozilla Firefox Browser
    and the Downloadhelper add-on you will be able to
    download video from many sites. Maybe it will work
    on the site you are referring to.

    (FWIW...it's always a good idea to create a System
    Restore point before installing software or updates)

    Mozilla Firefox
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

    Video DownloadHelper

    Once installed...launch Firefox and go to a site with video /
    start the video / go to...Tools / Downloadhelper / Media /
    Select the media file / Download...

    Download Helper Tutorial Videos
    http://www.downloadhelper.net/tutorials.php

    Good luck...

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Jan 29, 2010

  3. CJB

    Andrew E. Guest

    You might look at this web page for answers.
    http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=FLV+format
    Also,as far as capturing audio/video,download the WM encoder,plus its
    utilities.

    Andrew E., Jan 30, 2010