Can't use websites with ActiveX

some websites must install an ActiveX. But my damn computer (WinME, ie 6)
won't let me.
Some sites say that my security say that I'm not allowing to install
activeX. But the strangers thing are that I have configurated IE right, have
also set the security to the lowest but with no luck. Once I had the same
problem with a Win2000 computer but I got rid of the problem when I
reinstalled.

This stops me to use iNotes, Pandasoftware online and more.

The computer have no virus and have cleaned it from crap wit adaware from
lavasoft

Don Varnau

Hi,
Setting Internet Zone security to default should allow signed, safe ActiveX
controls to install. Or you should be prompted for permission.

Do you have a third-party security program configured to block ActiveX?
McAfee AV's Internet Filter can do this. Many other security programs can
block ActiveX, scripts, scripting, active content, etc.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Drevilboy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

I don't even get the prompt for permission.

hold on now. I got it work. I have the Trend PC-cillin antivirus program. I
shut it down but but it seems that the program runs anyway. I changed some
security settings in PC-cillin and now it works.

Thanks

"Drevilboy" wrote in message
some websites must install an ActiveX. But my damn computer (WinME, ie 6)
won't let me.
Some sites say that my security say that I'm not allowing to install
activeX. But the strangers thing are that I have configurated IE right, have
also set the security to the lowest but with no luck. Once I had the same
problem with a Win2000 computer but I got rid of the problem when I
reinstalled.

This stops me to use iNotes, Pandasoftware online and more.

The computer have no virus and have cleaned it from crap wit adaware from
lavasoft

Don Varnau

You're welcome. Thanks for the update.

Don