Can't see VPN server

John Bahran

My network running Win03 can ping the remote computer, but the remote
computer can't reach VPN server. The message is" VPN server may be
unreachable, or security parameters may not be configured properly for
this connection".
Any ideas? Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT]

Do you have any router between the Win2k3 server and the remote client?

Priya Raghavan [MSFT]

Usually VPN servers wil have filters set on them by default by which you may
not be able to ping.
Please remove or modify filters and then try to ping.

Thanks,
Priya.

Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT]

Open RRAS snap-in
Select RRAS policy
Right click and select properties
Edit Profile
Select IP tab
You can see the filters check box here.

Sharoon

John Bahran said:
Appreciate the response. How would I remove the filters? Thanks.
"Priya Raghavan [MSFT]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Usually VPN servers wil have filters set on them by default by which you may
not be able to ping.
Please remove or modify filters and then try to ping.

Thanks,
Priya.

John Bahran

Thank you very much for your reply.