Can't Line Up Icons

Amir Facade

When I right click the desktop and click line up icons, nothing happens. It
was the same on this computer when I had win 98SE installed. I did an
upgrade install of Win2K and it still won't line up the icons on the
desktop. Am I missing some simple setting that would be the same in win 98SE
and 2k? TIA,

Crouchie1998

Tia,

You seem to have problems on a daily basis with this system. Ever thought
about doing a fresh install and rectifying them all?

Amir Facade

Its not my system, its a friends, and I've never posted here before, so how
do you come to that conclusion.
A fresh install is not an option due to programs installed, etc.
The computer works fine, up to speed and all functions are ok. This is just
a visual thing, purely aesthetic.

Amir.

: Tia,
:
: You seem to have problems on a daily basis with this system. Ever thought
: about doing a fresh install and rectifying them all?
:
:
:

Amir Facade

PS:

Just caught it.

"TIA" means "Thanks In Advance"

Amir

: Its not my system, its a friends, and I've never posted here before, so
how
: do you come to that conclusion.
: A fresh install is not an option due to programs installed, etc.
: The computer works fine, up to speed and all functions are ok. This is
just
: a visual thing, purely aesthetic.
:
: Amir.
:
:
:
: : : Tia,
: :
: : You seem to have problems on a daily basis with this system. Ever
thought
: : about doing a fresh install and rectifying them all?
: :
: :
: :
:
:

nesredep egrob

PS:

Just caught it.

"TIA" means "Thanks In Advance"

Amir

[...]
Go to settings/Control Panel/display/Appearance and then check that
your hoz and vertical icon distance's are a minimum of 34 pix, any
less and you are in trouble. I think they usually start at 48 or
thereabouts.

B.Pedersen Latitude -31,48.21 Longitude115,47.40 Time=GMT+8.00
If you are curious look here http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp
Any trouble get back to me

Amir Facade

Thank You. That put me on the right track. Actually since my friend had
large icons selected, I had to take it up to 55 to get them to auto arrange.
Thanks, Amir

"nesredep egrob" <Long. -31,48.21 Lat. 115,47.40> wrote in message
: On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:43:50 -0500, "Amir Facade"
:
: >PS:
: >
: >Just caught it.
: >
: >"TIA" means "Thanks In Advance"
: >
: >Amir
: >
: >
: >
: >: >: Its not my system, its a friends, and I've never posted here before, so
: >how
: >: do you come to that conclusion.
: >: A fresh install is not an option due to programs installed, etc.
: >: The computer works fine, up to speed and all functions are ok. This is
: >just
: >: a visual thing, purely aesthetic.
: >:
: >: Amir.
: >:
: >:
: >:
message
: >: :
: >: : You seem to have problems on a daily basis with this system. Ever
: >thought
: >: : about doing a fresh install and rectifying them all?
: >: :
: >: :
: >: :
: >: