Windows XP Can't install net.framework 3.5

Reaction score
I am having this bizarre problem when I try to install net.framework 3.5. I have tried to install it a number of times with no luck, and when I try to check the error log nothing comes up. I googled the problem and made sure there were no obvious problems (e.g. - IIS is activated). I tried to install using the more comprehensive "dotnetfx35.exe" install file. That when I realized it was extracting to another partition which was not even on the same hard drive!! I thought maybe it was because I was installing from a partition other than C, so moved the file to C & tried again. Same problem, except this time it extracted to yet another partition, again not even on the same hard drive. I have not had this problem with any other version of net.framework. I am running XP Pro SP3.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Rob

I had the same similar problem on a machine that I was repairing a few weeks ago..When I downloaded net.framework 3.5..I saved it to the desktop and installed it from there...And all went well..Try that and see what happens..

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Hi Rob

I had the same similar problem on a machine that I was repairing a few weeks ago..When I downloaded net.framework 3.5..I saved it to the desktop and installed it from there...And all went well..Try that and see what happens..

Tried it ... no joy I'm afraid

Reaction score
Check to see if you have an upto date version of Windows installer, that might be causing it to happen..

Ask a Question