can't get game to play at full screen

My game is Scrabble. I called their help line and was informed the game runs at 800x600 and cannot be changed. My laptop screen resolution is 1400 x 1050. If I lower the resolution of my screen it only reduces the size of the desktop and the size of the game. The view of game is about 5"x7" on my screen. I want to have the game play at full screen. I've tried all the combinations of compatibility settings and it makes no difference. The game was just purchased and is xp compatiable

Paul Smith

sharon said:
My game is Scrabble. I called their help line and was informed the game
runs at 800x600 and cannot be changed. My laptop screen resolution is 1400
x 1050. If I lower the resolution of my screen it only reduces the size of
the desktop and the size of the game. The view of game is about 5"x7" on my
screen. I want to have the game play at full screen. I've tried all the
combinations of compatibility settings and it makes no difference. The game
was just purchased and is xp compatiable.

This is an issue with the graphics on your laptop itself. Check in the
display properties to see if there is an option to stretch lower resolutions
into full screen.

I'm sure someone will be able to give your more details.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

Chris H.

In addition to what Paul mentioned, Sharon, should be able use Compatibility
Mode to apply the 800x600 setting for that game only, without bothering your
normal settings. Just right-click the link you use to launch the game,
select Properties and then go to the Compatibility tab. Select the display
setting, and OK your way out. While there, if you run any third-party
"themes" on your system, you might want to use the check box to disable
those while running the game. This, like the display setting, only applies
to the single program, not universally on your computer.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

tried your suggestion. It made no difference to the game size. Installed a new driver and still no change. Except now the game crashes.

Jimmy S.

Hi "sharon",

Set your desktop to 800x600 and then use the proper
command for your model laptop / video card to fit to screen.

Check your manual and see if they list instructions there as to
which BIOS setting or keyboard Fn key you can use to setup
"Fit to Screen" video mode. That's a common laptop feature.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

(e-mail address removed)> wrote in message | tried your suggestion. It made no difference to the game size. Installed a new driver and still no change. Except now the game
crashes.

Thanks for the suggestion. Nothing in my manual or the
online help tells me which Fn key to use. I'm currently
working with HP and will aske them about your
suggestion.I will let you know the outcome.
Set your desktop to 800x600 and then use the proper
command for your model laptop / video card to fit to screen.

Check your manual and see if they list instructions there as to
which BIOS setting or keyboard Fn key you can use to setup
"Fit to Screen" video mode. That's a common laptop feature.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=FH;[LN];gms
Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite:
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=sz;en-us;top

(e-mail address removed)> wrote in message | tried your suggestion. It made no difference to the
game size. Installed a new driver and still no change.
Except now the game

Jimmy S.

Hi Sharon,

Try Fn+T (or J or K on some models) :)