can't download email

G

I keep getting the message "The operation failed an object could not be found" every time I try to send/receive e-mails. I have earthlink high speed internet (cable) and my version of outlook is 2002 (xp). When I do the test it seems to be fine and I can retrive the test email that is sent by outlook from the earthlink site. I can't from outlook though. I've tried using outlook express and everything is fine so it can't be the service provider. Someone please help.

A

Athena [MVP]

Jose said:
The operation failed an object could not be found" every time I try to send/receive e-mails.
The most common reason for that error message is a messed up profile. The best thing to do is
to create a fresh profile and try again.

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

2. Double-click the Mail icon.

3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.

If you want to be able to select a specific profile each time you start Outlook, click the
General tab, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.

4. In the New Profile dialog box, under Profile Name, type a descriptive name for the new
profile, and then click OK.

5. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, select Add a new e-mail account in the e-mail options,
and then click Next.

6. Click the type of server that your e-mail account works with, and then click Next.

7. Complete all of the required fields, including those that are on the tabs that appear
after you click More Settings.

8. When you finish providing the required information, click Finish.

Try accessing your earthlink mailbox with the new profile and see what happens.

Ask a Question