cant access windows mail

dojohamster

mail keeps asking to verify username&password .i enter correct ones still
wants to verify username&password .this has only happened in the last couple
off days .i have not changed anything to cause this please help driving me
mad .thank you

dojohamster

i am using mc afee &avg free download.my server settings are correct .should
i switch off one e-mail scanner

Net

Hi, I have had the same problem, only for the last 2 days. I have not
changed any settings and have verified all my account details are correct.
If you look at the postings over the last couple of days it seems others are
having the same problem. I think it must be a fault with windows mail and I
hope they can find a solution quickly. Regards Net

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

dojohamster said:
mail keeps asking to verify username&password .i enter correct ones still
wants to verify username&password .this has only happened in the last
couple
off days .i have not changed anything to cause this please help driving me
mad .thank you

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no
protection not provided by the regular resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.

Net

Hi, I tried turning off email scanning on my anti-virus program - it made no
difference - but I seem to have resolved the problem by removing my email
account and then setting it up again with exactly the same details. Hope
this helps.
Regards, Net

dojohamster

thank you all between you my problem has been sorted.
when i sign in when asked for user name ,instead of
just my name ,i had to put my full e-mail address and
i was excepted straight away thank you all.

aaarrrggghhh pleeeze help

Hi. i have the problem you have all had, however somebody else set up my
account origionally and i do not know my username / password..

is there anyway of retreiving these??? Thanks

Can you ask that someone what username and password he or she gave
you?

"aaarrrggghhh pleeeze help" <aaarrrggghhh pleeeze

Gary VanderMolen

Who pays the bill for that mail service? If you, their customer service
should be willing to help you.