Canon Pixma iP500 won't print pigment black???

Reaction score
Hi folks. I have had this printer for a couple of years now and it has had very little "real" use being used mainly for CD/DVD printing and photo printing.

When I print DVD case inserts or covers it used to print Ok but recently it started missing the pigment black. Now it will not print pigment black but photo printing and CD/DVD printing is great just will not use the big black ink tank so NO text on A4 paper or black ink on anything printed on plain paper.

I have been told it the "evac" unit at fault? Now I have had a new print head because the original decided to short circuit and blow a couple of holes in the ribbon cable. In case this was at fault I have had another sent and have fitted this but the problem of NO pigment black (3eBK).

I don't want to dump the machine as it's too nice and the new ones use chipped cartridges -----? But they quote £80 to fix???

Ask a Question