Canon Lide 80 and Windows 8.1

R

Robertgee

I've recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 after my old XP computer blew it's power supply. My Canon Lide 80 scanner worked fine with XP, but no joy with Windows 8.1. I contacted Canon to see if new drivers were available for win 8.1, but unfortunately they told me that they'd discontinued making new drivers for this scanner...none available for win 8.1. I rarely use my scanner, so don't want to have to buy a new one which is win 8 compatible. Does anyone know of drivers that would allow me to get this scanner running? Or has anyone found a work around to overcome this problem?
Thanks,
Robert.

R

Robertgee

There's always VueScan. Their documentation indicates it works with the Canon LiDE 80 scanner.

<http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/canon_lide_80.html>

-db-

Thanks for the info David, but it didn't work. Seems vuescan is operating software for scanners, but not drivers, and it's the drivers I need. I now have found a workaround, I've installed VMware player. This software allows you to install virtual computers with their own OS, so I used this to install win XP as a virtual computer, installed the scanner, and it works fine. Maybe not the best solution to my problem, but it works.
Robert.

Ask a Question