Cannot see formatting on slide, only on slide show. Why?

Don't know what I'm doing anymore

I added a color pic to my slide show and changed it to grayscale. Every time
I preview the slide show (by pressing F5), it shows it as full color. I'm
also right-clicking on the slide to change the background color, select the
color and it will not apply to the slide. I can only see it on the preview.
The same for the font color. I'm used to working in the 2003 version. I
didn't know Vista was so different.

Lucy Thomson

Hi

So you've just moved to version 2007, yes? It can be frustrating I know... I
found it worth it in the end, honest :)

My first piece of advice is to install the following test printer driver -
2007 is very dependant on the printer driver (don't ask me, I have no idea
why :)) and if it doesn't like yours it will do all sorts of odd,
non-printer-related things.
How to install a TEST printer driver
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00952.htm

Next I would download the 'where have all the commands gone' spreadsheet
(use ctrl+f to search the workbook for the command you are after):
powerpoint:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC102128641033.aspx?pid=CT102130321033

Then I would have a poke around on Echo's site to discover all the new &
cool things 2007 offers:
http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm

The problem you are having sounds odd to me - if the printer driver doesn't
fix reply with the *exact* steps you are taking. For example, if you change
the picture to greyscale while in Print Preview it will only change it to
greyscale for printing...

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

"Don't know what I'm doing anymore" <Don't know what I'm doing
news:[email protected]...