Cannot Save a New Appointment To My Calendar

G

Program: Outlook 2002
Description: When attempting to create a new appointment or meeting request, I receive the following error when I try to SAVE AND CLOSE:

Your changes could not be saved because you don't have permission to modify some or all of the items in this folder. Do you want to save a copy of this item in the default folder for this item? Yes, No

If I select NO, I'm returned to the Appointment or Meeting Scheduler.

If I select YES, I get a dialogue box that says: Operation Failed.
and I'm returned to the Appointment or Meeting Schedule.

The appointments that I had in my calendar (recurring meetings) still remind me when they come due, but I can't create or accept any meeting requests.

Oddly enough, if I create a NEW calendar I do not have any of these problems, but I can't seem how to make the new calendar my primary calendar

I've gone through the PROPERTIES dialog and everything seems like it's in order (as far as permissions go)

Thoughts

G

Gran

Is your mailbox on a server or a personal folder?

If it is on an server check the size of the mailbox as you may have exceed the size limit on your mailbo

If you are using a personal folder the same may apply the maximum limit for a personal folder is 2g

To do this right click the top level folder Outlook today and select properties then click folder size this will gice you the size of your mail box. Try clearing some mail out i.e deleted items / sent items and see if this resolved the problem

G

Hey Juggy

Thanks for the response. The mailbox is on a server, but is only 23 MB. The odd thing about all of this is that I was able to create a new "Calendar" and everything works as you would expect.

Do you know of a way to Delete the current Calendar and replace it with a new one?

Thanks again for your help

Ask a Question