cannot receive or send emails but 'test account settings' works

I've just set up my email addresses in Outlook 2003. Each address ticks all
the boxes when I hit the 'Test account settings' button, but when I click on
any of the 'send/receive' buttons I get - nothing!

William Lefkovics [MVP]

any of the send/receive buttons? How many do you have?!

Are you getting nothing because there is nothing to get? Or is there some
sort of error message?

The test settings confirm that you can logon to your mail server. It does
not confirm that there is mail available.

"Cannot send receive emails in Outlook 20" <Cannot send receive emails in
Outlook (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Try the following links:

office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011105491033.aspx
office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011117021033.aspx

I receive loads of mail (and send it) by logging on to my provider - just
cant get or send them using Outlook 2003!