Cannot receive email, can send, no errors!

firephox

sorry if I miss a thread but I cannot find one with just my problems.
Vista seems to prevent me getting email, I can send, but it just says
"no new messages" when I try to receive. I can use my XP machine to get
new emails, so it not the email server. My details are correct, all
settings the same as XP. I have tried windows mail, outlook, live mail,
and Thunderbird, they all do the same thing! Thunderbird is working on
send and receive with my gmail address, but not my ISP one! Help my
please. Sorry for my english.

mac

firephox said:
sorry if I miss a thread but I cannot find one with just my problems.
Vista seems to prevent me getting email, I can send, but it just says
"no new messages" when I try to receive. I can use my XP machine to get
new emails, so it not the email server. My details are correct, all
settings the same as XP. I have tried windows mail, outlook, live mail,
and Thunderbird, they all do the same thing! Thunderbird is working on
send and receive with my gmail address, but not my ISP one! Help my
please. Sorry for my english.

The first machine to poll for mail will clear them from the server.

You need to set each account on each machine to leave a copy of messages on
the server, at tools>accounts>select account>properties>advanced tab, also
set one of the machines to delete messages after a reasonable number of days
or your server mailbox will over fill.

marg

I have the same problem, just since two days ago, I tried what mac posted but
it hasn't worked. It says connecting, checking mail and then it says no new
messages but when I access my e-mail at the server the mail is there......

Gary VanderMolen

Perhaps that account has become corrupted.
Delete it, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

jt

do you have your outgoing server port set to 587 ? I had that same problem
when I changed to vista.

firephox

-

The first machine to poll for mail will clear them from the server.

You need to set each account on each machine to leave a copy of
messages on
the server, at toolsaccountsselect accountpropertiesadvanced tab, also

set one of the machines to delete messages after a reasonable number of
days
or your server mailbox will over fill.

Sorry Steve but this is not the problem, the vista machine will not
receive any mail, even if sent back to myself, this morning I had 15
messages waiting (checked webmail), but all clients say "no new
messages"!