Windows XP cannot logon to windows!!

Reaction score
hi all you'l have to bare with me becuase its my first post. has a spot of bother over the last couple of weeks and i've ended up not being able to logon to windows. i've listed everything thats happened to try to make it easier to diagnose whats happend:
1. windows started asking me to give me logon details before logging on (b4 i it would logon automatically)
2. my virus scanner at the time (avira premium) started reporting that many of my .exe files were infected with a virus
3. tried uninstalling avira and kept gettinng the error that CRC sum had been changed so i was unable to uninstall
4. installed AVG anti spyware plus other anti spyware programs)which detected and removed some spyware
5. started recieveing DEP error messages everytime i logged onto windows (userinit.exe stopped to prevent damage)
6. read on the net that i could stop this from happening by creating exceptions so i did but then started recieving them for other programs when i logged onto windows
7.installed Mcafee internet security and ran a virus scan which at around half way through the scan had found something like 450 viruses and 70 or so had een added to quarantine
8. PC went really slow so stopped scan and restarted PC
9. unable to logon to windows (not even in safe mode). i begin logging in and then it logs straight back out
I'm thinking that some of the quarantined files were required to logon which is now preventing me from logging on. would anyone agree with that? if so is there anything i can do to reverse that without having to logon to windows? or is there some sort of boot disk that i can boot from? i don't mind reinstalling windows but i could really do with saving all my wanted files first!!!! any help/advice would be great, thanks tony

Reaction score
yes i will do that........is there anyway of geting all my files though? got some important stuff on there that i could really do with keeping. what about some sort of data recovery software?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If you can put the HDD as a slave in another pc you should be able to get to your data , hmmm , maybee .

user.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
another option is to try knoppix and copy all of your files onto a USB stick or a DVD

Ask a Question