Word Cannot find the saved revised document in Word document

Soh

Reaction score
I was working on a Word document that someone sent me by email in form of rar and saved the document. I now can't find the revised file and I have lost about 8 hours of work. Any ideas on where I can find this file? I looked in the email that was originally sent, but it is still the old file. I have also done searching on my computer with no luck. Help, I'm desperate!!! I have Word 2007. Please give me reply as soon as possible.

Reaction score
If you were only hitting "Save" and not "Save As" the document is likely, unfortunately, gone. You can try opening Word by itself and going through recent documents to see if it shows up. If you opened it directly from the email and the email was in Outlook, you might be able to find it in the Outlook Secure Temp Folder. To get to this folder, the easiest way is to send yourself a PDF file, open the PDF from the email then go to File | Properties and on the General tab (this is from memory, so I might be off a little bit) you'll find a location that you can click on. In this folder, you have a slight chance of finding the modified file. The only other option you have, that I can think of, would be digging through your temp folders hoping to find a .tmp or .doc file in there that has the content, but I give that about a .01% chance of happening. Good Luck!

Ask a Question