Cannot find info on error message.....

G

I keep getting "Setup library zoneoc.dll could not be loaded, or function Zone Setup Proc could not be found. Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e.", every time I try to get into "Add & Remove Programs" and click on "Add & Remove windows components". I'm running XP Pro (full retail) with dual-booting with 98SE. Any Ideas? Oh, and in case someone has the idea to use the xp cd to add or remove windows components, the same error message appears there also.

Reaction score
Neither can I

I have the same problem too. For for the past 2 years, I've been getting that flaming message about so-and-so not being able to find its zoneoc.dll in the Setup Library whenever I try removing windows components with Disk Cleanup. The message also gives me the error message ID "0x7e," suggesting that I go talk to the system admin. Well... people just might think I'm crazy if I go around talking to myself :) I've researched this for over an hour now without being able to figure out diddly squat. However, I have managed to find a replacement zoneoc.dll but still no clue which windows directory it belongs in. Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

Computer Specs:
Late 2005 Dell Dimension 5100
Windows XP Professional
3.2 GHz Processor
80 GB hard drive
2.5 GB RAM
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Sound Card
NVidia 7600 GT Video Card

p.s.- I also have a problem getting into my User Accounts in the Control Panel- Whenever the button is clicked, the hour glass cursor shows for a fraction of a second and that's it. In order to dodge this issue, I simply alter my account through "Administrative Tools." In the event I want to change my account icon, I simply go to the folder where the icons are kept, put a new photo in, and change its name to activate it. Since this is probably of no relevance to the first problem, I will also put it in a separate post.

p.p.s.- To Microsoft's OS programmers- PLEASE stop making nonsensical error messages! They're annoying and retarded.

Ask a Question