"Can not install update uninstalling "

Reaction score
on Wondows 10,ive been trying since September to fathom out why and failing, and it gives no reason,any ideas? ive tried googles suggestions with no joy

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you mean. Can you provide some more details.

Last edited:
Reaction score
lap top has been telling me to install updates so it gets to 99% installing then the screen says can not install updates, uninstalling do not switch off the update in question is
2021-12 cumulative update for windows 10 version 2004 for x64 based system

Reaction score
Ive just looked at disk clean up and it says windows c if i press yes to the boxes they have ticked then i free 2.65 GB or 22.4 MB shall do that i also feel inclined to press the windows reports box which has 776 something in

Reaction score
2.65GB may not be enough room for your update..Windows needs a page file (swap file) aswell as actual storage for the update.
If it continually runs out everytime to try the update it maybe because you are running out of hard disk space...

You may really need to free some drive space and try again

2.65GB of storage left really isn't a lot

Go check how much you really have left.

Goto search icon

type;

system information

then goto Components/Storage/Drives

your c drive (local fixed disk) will be at the top and will tell you how much you have (Size) and (Free Space)

Reaction score
aha just found another section i have 90.0 GB in storage and 361 Gb free i have also just deleted all windows error reports and feedback diagnostics to make more space hope this was wise?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Your failed update. is

2021-12 cumulative update for windows 10 version 2004 for x64 based system

Do you have the code reference for this? It will be KB and then seven numbers.

Ask a Question