Preview page on startup in Excel 2003 windows 7

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im getting this on startup of Excel 2003 about 1 every 10 loads. others with the same setup are more, some less. im running Windows 7. ive read another thread on this forum of hte same issue on 2007/vista but the thread had no real solution in the end, has anyone got any ideas for this issue? im a bit stumped. safe mode is fine, cant get the issue using the /s switch. ive tried unregistering excel and regregistering. no joy with that either.

hmm, have attached screenshot

cheers

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 274
Reaction score
i havent got any add ins or anything xtra running. just excel. i tried reinstalling all my apps on a fresh 7 install and it seemed to only start misbehaving after installing mcafee. but maybe a red herring.

Reaction score
Have upgraded mcafee HIPS V7 to V8 and the problem has been resolved. (in fact as soon as i uninstalled HIPS 7 the problem was resolved) but V8 seems to play nice with Windows 7 and Excel 2003

Ask a Question