Call Of Juarez

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Link

Anyone tried this game yet? If so, what do you think of it?

I can only recall one Western fps game for the PC, Outlaws, made by Lucas Arts around 97 or 98, it was quite good.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
demo

Flops ..am downloading the demo now as it sounds ok..

Hope this is the correct link ..half a gig..hate download sites though that want you to register . game by Ubisoft

...link deleted ..see post #5 :thumb:

if its the wrong link forgive me as the wifes cooking and our microwave plays havoc with my wireless internet..cant moan or i get no tea ;)

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Rush but that's multiplayer. I was attracted to the game for single player but being able to play online is a bonus I suppose.

I'll try and find some reviews cos I don't usually like paying more than twenty quid for a game unless it's something really special, and Juarez is £25.00.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
games eh ??

£20 same here ...am playing C.O.H (£24 delivered) and have now been informed by the in game engine that i need to (level 7) defend St.Fromond for 30 mins real time from axis(german) offensive and as a secondary goal ...i have to neutrilize nebelweters ...man this game is long ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Downloading this now too :D The screen shots look good, I just hope it plays as well!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
toooo many games hehehe

Its different but great ..needs more play time ...as COH needs addressing as well :wave:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just played the first demo mission - I like the way you can draw your weapons for a special, but it isn't as good as HL2 ;) If/when it comes down to £20 then I will probably pick it up too.

Multi on this should be fun :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback guys :)

I shall try the demo and wait for price to drop cos if Mr Cunningham says it's worth twenty quid, then it probably is ;)

Unless, of course, I like the demo so much then I'll just have to buy it :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just tried the 2nd half of the demo now (as Billy) and I've not liked it as much as the preacher guy. It was a case of steal horse, run, steal horse, run, etc...

Still not a bad game at all ;) But the 2nd part put me off a bit :blush: What did you think of this part Rush/TD?

For £20 I'd probably go for it still :) No doubt the price will drop after a couple of months :D

Reaction score
Erm dunno not played demo. I have full game so not got to the bit u describe about horse's yet. Im still tracking down Billy in the hills. I guess for what £26 it may be a little expensive but as you say it may drop in a while to about £18 or £20

Online I think will be good aswell, although again not tryed that yet either

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmmmm...... tempted :)

But......

Delivery 6 to 10 working days.

And I really don't like stealth games much, I could never get on with all them Tom Clancy titles and the Thief series, made me want to scream with frustration! :eek:

*thinking*

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what made me a bit skeptical about the second half of the demo - I had to keep saving/reloading every time I got seen.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Me too Ian and Flops ....good but not quite up to £20 serious spondoulaks ...

Lets wait guys and play some more demos eh :)

Ask a Question