Calendar Reminders

josephr38

I have a user who has Outlook 2003 on a WinXP PC. We have Exchange 2003 SP2
on Windows 2003 server. Whenever she sets appointments in her Outlook
calendar, she does not receive reminders for those calendared items. How do
I resolve this? She has all Outlook2003 patches installed.

Thanks,
Joseph

Vince Averello [MVP - Outlook]

Is the user creating appointments in her mailbox's Calendar folder or
another folder? Typically appointment reminders are only generated out of
your message store's Calendar folder.

josephr38

I went down to her desk and created a test calendar item. I never received a
reminder for that appointment before or after the time set for the
appointment.

josephr38

I checked. Reminders were not turned off. Both boxes were checked to
display the reminder and play the tune for reminder. That, for a Monday,
would have been too easy anyway. ;-) Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky said:
Did she turn reminders off?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

I went down to her desk and created a test calendar item. I never
received a
reminder for that appointment before or after the time set for the
appointment.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

triple check to see how many calendars she has and which one you are
creating it in.

--

Diane Poremsky said:
Did she turn reminders off?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

:

Is the user creating appointments in her mailbox's Calendar folder or
another folder? Typically appointment reminders are only generated out
of
your message store's Calendar folder.

"(e-mail address removed)"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have a user who has Outlook 2003 on a WinXP PC. We have Exchange
2003
SP2
on Windows 2003 server. Whenever she sets appointments in her
Outlook
calendar, she does not receive reminders for those calendared items.
How
do
I resolve this? She has all Outlook2003 patches installed.

josephr38

She only has one calendar. We have tried the following, and thus far she is
still having the problem with reminders not appearing:

Uncheck and rechecked the reminder check box
Deleted her Outlook profile, and created a new one
Uninstalled Office 2003, and re-installed Office 2003
Renamed her WindowsXP profile and created a new Windows profile

Is there a troubleshooting step that I have missed here? What do I have to
do to get this to work? She is the only user having this issue.

Thanks,
Joseph

wrote in message
I have a user who has Outlook 2003 on a WinXP PC. We have Exchange
2003
SP2
on Windows 2003 server. Whenever she sets appointments in her
Outlook
calendar, she does not receive reminders for those calendared items.
How
do
I resolve this? She has all Outlook2003 patches installed.

krausch

I am trying to figure out the same problem for a member of our work team.
She has only one calendar, notifications are on and she does receive a pop up
notice of new email arrivals but none none of the appointments she loads to
her calendar provide any kind of a desktop/popup notifiaction. Our IT folks
have been contacted a coupleof times already and they run through the checks
described here and then tell us there is nothing wrong with her system.

wrote in message
I have a user who has Outlook 2003 on a WinXP PC. We have Exchange
2003
SP2
on Windows 2003 server. Whenever she sets appointments in her
Outlook
calendar, she does not receive reminders for those calendared items.
How
do
I resolve this? She has all Outlook2003 patches installed.

Brian Tillman

krausch said:
I am trying to figure out the same problem for a member of our work
team.
She has only one calendar, notifications are on and she does receive
a pop up notice of new email arrivals but none none of the
appointments she loads to her calendar provide any kind of a
desktop/popup notifiaction. Our IT folks have been contacted a
coupleof times already and they run through the checks described here
and then tell us there is nothing wrong with her system.

Is she creating the appointments in her default calendar?

krausch

Yes, she only has the one calendar that came with the original configeration.
I followed all the questions asked of the first poster and everything is the
same. I have checked all of the property tabs when I right click the
calendar. Everything matched my system and I have no issues getting desktop
alerts for my calendar apts.

Brian Tillman

krausch said:
Yes, she only has the one calendar that came with the original
configeration. I followed all the questions asked of the first poster
and everything is the same. I have checked all of the property tabs
when I right click the calendar. Everything matched my system and I
have no issues getting desktop alerts for my calendar apts.

I'd start by trying the /cleanreminders command switch and if that didn't
work, a new mail profile.