C++ Runtime with iexploere.exe

SB

I sorta have the same problem as others but a bit different. I get the error
when
multiple users are logged on (WinXP fast user switching enabled). If user 1
has IE open and user 2 tries .....I get the run time error. Also if trying
to open
recycle bin it complains with the same error but with explorer.exe instead
of iexplorer.exe I can open task manager, show all processes and end task on
iexplorer.exe for the other user and its ok then. I have uninstalled google
toolbar, Canon Easy web print. Done system roll back to a while back (before
I noticed this error) same problem. As long as only 1 user logged on and
does NOT have IE open all is ok. Not real sure why this effects opening the
recycle bin either but it does. And recycle opens fine after closing the
other users iexplorer.exe session.

SB

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

SB said:
[...]

iexplorer.exe is spyware. (The MS file for Internet Explorer is
iexplore.exe)
You appear to be infested with malware.
What You Should Know About Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/devioussoftware.mspx

Help with Hijackware
All MS - MVP Sites.
(http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm)
(http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm)
(http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm)
(http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm)
(http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

SB

Sorry guys. It is iexplore.exe not the spyware (iexplorer.exe). Also I do
not have the google toolbar installed a. I see where 99% of these problems
was caused by google toolbar. I regularly run the MS antispyware, XoftSpy
antispyware, and Pest Patrol. Have spywareblaster installed and always
updated. Probably one of the "cleanest" PC's in existence. Not real sure
when this started as I said only if one user actually has an IE6 session
running and another user tries to launch it does this occur. And somehow it
makes recycle bin have c++ runtime in explorer.exe (not iexplore.exe) if try
to open it while IE6 session for other user is running. Simply ending task
on user one's IE session solves both issues. I ran a WinXP "repair existing
installation" from the CD last night (the 45 min "new" install as it looked)
and that did not solve it either. Somehow it kept current user settings, not
sure I have ever seen that happen either, usually its like a totally new
install. Other suggestions? Thanks for the efforts
SB

SB

Ok got it. McAfee Spamkiller 7.0.23 was the culprit. Formatted and
reinstalled Windows and all was fine until installed McAfee. Uninstalled it
and problem went away. (Crap no need to format but its always nice to have a
"fresh" box") Suspect its something with the antiphising filter as it
attaches itself to the IE menu. Hope this helps others.

"SB" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

SB said:
Ok got it. McAfee Spamkiller 7.0.23 was the culprit. Formatted and
reinstalled Windows and all was fine until installed McAfee.
Uninstalled it and problem went away. (Crap no need to format but its
always nice to have a "fresh" box") Suspect its something with the
antiphising filter as it attaches itself to the IE menu. Hope this
helps others.

I don't allow anything from McAfee or Symantec (Norton) in the building.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com