C:\$Extend\$ObjId is corrupt and unreadable

I have been getting messages that say C:\$Extend\$ObjId is corrupt and
unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility. When I do run chkdsk it comes up
with "Inserting an index entry into index $0 of file 24. This message
continues over and over ad infinitum and I have to reboot and skip the chkdsk
to get access to my computer.

Can someone help with this?

Earl Grey

Greetings:

I recommend you visit the web site of your hard disk manufacturer and
obtain their disk diagnostic software, which will tell you whether your
hard disk has a problem. In the meantime, I would be diligent about
backing up regularly.

Earl Grey

I have the same problem and don't know how to fix it. when I run chkdisk i get inserting index $0 to file 35616 that runs over and over again. I have tried tons of stuff and nothing seems to be working. Even system restore won't work...Someone help please

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Tom Willett

What same problem?

<D> wrote in message |I have the same problem and don't know how to fix it. when I run chkdisk i
get inserting index $0 to file 35616 that runs over and over again. I have
tried tons of stuff and nothing seems to be working. Even system restore
won't work...Someone help please

| EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
| http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Gordon

D said:
I have the same problem and don't know how to fix it. when I run chkdisk i
get inserting index $0 to file 35616 that runs over and over again. I have
tried tons of stuff and nothing seems to be working. Even system restore
won't work...Someone help please

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

WHAT "same problem"?

Please note:
This is NOT a chat room and You are NOT posting to a forum run by
Eggheadcafe - you are actually posting to a global Usenet Newsgroup. You
will get a far better experience if you use a newsreader and subscribe to
these groups directly, rather than through Eggheadcafe.

If you must stay with Egghheadcafe then please follow Usenet custom by
quoting the post you are replying to, and replying to the thread.

Thank you.

Tom Willett

Typical Eggheaders :)

| The "I don't know what a newsgroup is or how to use one" problem.
|
| ---
| Leonard Grey
| Since no one was buying 'Earl Grey'
|
| Tom Willett wrote:
| > What same problem?
| >
| > <D> wrote in message | > |I have the same problem and don't know how to fix it. when I run
chkdisk i
| > get inserting index $0 to file 35616 that runs over and over again. I
have
| > tried tons of stuff and nothing seems to be working. Even system
restore
| > won't work...Someone help please
| > |
| > | EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
| > | http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Curt Christianson

Hey guys,

This is a new one on me. What is the deal with Egghead all of a sudden?
I've never heard of such an animal.

--
HTH,
Curt

Windows Support Center
http://aumha.org/

peter

Certainly..the problem is that $0..........you need to insert a $20 bill in
the front slot of the system.
The machine will then chkdsk the bill and correct the 35616 index by
removing the 0 from the bill and giving you back a $2.
peter

Gordon

Curt said:
Hey guys,

This is a new one on me. What is the deal with Egghead all of a sudden?
I've never heard of such an animal.

EggheadCafe is a site that purports to be a help "forum" when in actual fact
all it is, is a method of accessing the MS newsgroups by web browser other
than the MS community site. Unfortunately, it doesn't TELL its "members"
that that is what they are really doing, hence the meaningless posts with
no quoting and a change of subject line....