Buying PC Games online

Reaction score
For the people that buy PC games online from within the UK.

I read an article in yesterdays Independent concerning buying online from offshore UK companies like play.com etc.

Apparently the gist of it is that goods bought online, under a certain price band are exempt from Vat as they are imported from a non EU country to within the EU ie Jersey.

This practice is under review due to EU economic policy etc.

Just thought you like to know as you can get games from these sites from £15-20 with free p&p. I bought a new CM strat game last year from these sites for £6.

Worth keeping an eye me thinks!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, there are loads of off-shore games/cd/dvd companies now so prices will no doubt increase a bit when this comes though. I guess it will impact Jersey pretty hard!

tek

Reaction score
I've never ordered games online as I didn't see a point, but now you've mentioned this I'm very interested. Could you provide some links to some trust worthy decent online game retailers? thanks

Reaction score
Once again the EU and other governments (including ours!) are trying find more ways to tax the socks off us, annoys me allot!

Ask a Question