Business Cloud Solutions Thoughts and Opinions

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone has been actively using any cloud based solutions.
I'm an IT Technician working for a small business and have just started looking into this and a bit of a newbie to cloud solutions and what's out there etc.

Basically I've been asked to see if we can look into offering a cloud based remote desktop solution to customers with 10 users and above.

So far we been using VPS/Hybrid Servers running Windows 2008 R2 which you can remote desktop onto direct and configure at a server based level and give clients VPN access to data stored on the hybrid cloud server but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any virtual desktop solutions where customers can actually remote into an RDP session to access their desktop / data which can also have their applications like office installed within this virtual environment.

I'm familiar with Terminal Services which looks to do the job but is expensive in terms of buying licence CALS to have MS Office installed etc so I'm looking to see if there is something more cost effective for smaller clients. Email isn’t really an issue as we have been using Hosted Exchange and Google Apps/Email already but it’s being able to offer the end user an Virtual Desktop scenario which isn't going to be more expensive then say offering them the usual Local File/Share SBS server configuration.

If anyone has feedback it would much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ask a Question