Bulldog Broadband

Reaction score
itsme said:
There is only one always-online company with no ifs-no buts- no hidden extras, that company is NTL:thumb: . I have been with them for nine years, have never ever had a problem apart from normal interruption’s =upgrade etc:Have been upgraded five times at no extra charge I am now on [2 Meg network cable modem. Full TV package, all telephone calls [National] at local rate,] my bill is £70.00 per month. The same with SKY> BT> ETC: worked it out the cheapest would be £100.00+ per month. So I am a very happy customer. :) :thumb: :D >>>BT:p

yes id say NTL look very good

bt 70 quid a month?

nahh even combined with all youve said i think its too much!!

i dont even spend £70 in tescos in a month and im very stingy!

Reaction score
Brewbox said:
It really is just sales puff. I changed to them and it's the WORST thing I've ever done. yes they said 4 megs no probs, well shame on their face cos it's a lie. The service is appalling even AFTER they turned it down to 1meg. Continually disconnecting itself, rebooting the machine for no good reason and the absolute worst support of any ISP I've ever been with. If you ring them nine times out of ten an auto voice tells you to ring back later. The support is only available 9am to 5:30pm and when you finally do speak to someone all they do it take details and tell you that the mattern will be passed on and someone will conatact you in the next 24Hrs. Trust me they won't. I'm still suffering a crap service and helpless rage because I can't get any assistance. Cancel it do I hear? MWHAHAHA...... TRY IT! I can't. I've mailed (9times at last count) rang, 15 times and NOT ONE REPLY, not even an auto response.

Now the sting in the tail. Due to the fact they take over your telephjone line and you are no longer a BT customer you can't change supplier! Strange but true you need a BT line for 90% of broadband ISPs.

In the time it took to type this my connection has dropped out twice and the support number tells they are having high levels of calls and call back later.

well sounds like uve had a bad experience with them

i must agree with u on the customer service aspect
its quite appauling when ur trying to ring them they never seem to answer!

also like u i was worried about when i parted with bulldog
id have to ring BT up and get my line back up and running with them
i know this is free but it may be that i woulda been without a phone line for a week, something i couldnt afford

well this story make me feel happy that i 'didnt fall in the trap!' ,well not yet anyway!

:)

Reaction score
HuwSy said:
WOOP WOOP, Its finaly all here.

Somepoint yeaterday early morning I got my 4meg connection and phone line. Ok it might have taken more than 20 days, 36 working days, but i have a faultless line with CLID which most others charge a few quid for and a 4 meg connection.

So for over 2quid less a month Im getting all the same service as bt and prodigy wer giving me before, but an 8 times faster connection.

and.............

its a story like this in that so good so far
wich makes me think this coulda been me!!

but i guess im happy with what i got at the minute!

:p

Reaction score
Hows this then

Further to my post about bulldog earlier I've just has an e-mail from them.

It seems they have messed up my bill for this month and they will 'correct' the error in Junes bill. Wheres the twist? they sent it to my BT mailbox!

They can't even get my current e-mail address right!

Oh and by the way its 10pm now and it's dropped out 23 times since 5:30pm am I peed off? Only a lot.....

Reaction score
Brewbox said:
Further to my post about bulldog earlier I've just has an e-mail from them.

It seems they have messed up my bill for this month and they will 'correct' the error in Junes bill. Wheres the twist? they sent it to my BT mailbox!

They can't even get my current e-mail address right!

Oh and by the way its 10pm now and it's dropped out 23 times since 5:30pm am I peed off? Only a lot.....

mate

since ive joined them back in september
they have NEVER BILLED ME CORRECTLY!

in the context that they bill me a mont

h or even two months too late

it really p isses me off!

your connection sounds pretty bad!

are u in London?

i suggest going down to Holborn WC1 and seeing their pretty faces and talking to em directly!

Reaction score
They billed me twice in one month

Sad to say I'm on the Notts Derbys border so nowhere near London. I wish i were then at least i could bang on the counter and kick up a fuss.

I bet if I refused to pay somebody would be sitting up and taking notice but I don't want to risk getting a black mark on my credit rating.

psd99 said:
mate

since ive joined them back in september
they have NEVER BILLED ME CORRECTLY!

in the context that they bill me a mont

h or even two months too late

it really p isses me off!

your connection sounds pretty bad!

are u in London?

i suggest going down to Holborn WC1 and seeing their pretty faces and talking to em directly!

Reaction score
psd99 said:
yes id say NTL look very good

bt 70 quid a month?

nahh even combined with all youve said i think its too much!!

i dont even spend £70 in tescos in a month and im very stingy!

Yes but how often do you use the PHONE:D my wife can be on the phone for the duration:eek: we have two phone lines forgot to mention that:p dont go to Spain then as my m8 was arrested why>
He was caught breaking into a

£ 20.00 NOTE:D :D :D LOL

Reaction score
My activation date for bulldog is today. My line is dead at the moment. but i cant comment for another 2 hours as its still the 8th lol.

i havent had a problem with the customer service so far, ive got through first time everytime.

However i can gladly say they have a office here in birmingham so if they **** me about ill be straight down there

maybe someone should go to watch dog with this

Reaction score
i'm in the process of cancelling my bulldog subscription as my 12 month contract expires on 2 july. i don't yet know who to move to yet as it seems every isp has had many bad words said about them (possibly plusnets 2mb service at £14.99 pm). but i do know that i no longer want to be with bulldog. yep, customer service is poor. a few months ago i had no connection and spent hours on the phone for a week trying to get though at all times of the day. when i did get through late one evening (this took almost an hour) i found out that the reason i couldn't connect was because they changed my user name without letting me know! useless. their billing system is all over the place. the last few months have not been so bad but earlier this year i had 3 monthly payments come out in one month! it looks like everything tallys up but that's not the point. now they are refusing to give me my MAC code which i need to transfer to anothe provider. i can't wait until it's over but i fear a lot of pain and time will come to pass first!!

Reaction score
bulldog

Please don't go near these jokers the worst service I have ever had. I am going to beg BT to take me back. Totally unreliable, down more than up, very erratic speeds & no or very limited & rude customer service ... shocking.

Reaction score
paulomara said:
rude customer service ... shocking.

ive been witht them for 11 months now

must say ill give you the bad customer service bit
when u ring em its not easy to get through.

also for me they have been billing me incorrectly which is really annoying
for instance i would get billed twice in a month but then obv not billed the next month
this really frustrates me
i would have liked a fixed date every month to pay

but otherwise i have been impressed

bulldog sales rep rang me coupla days ago offering me 8mb line for £17.50 a month first 6 months
think this is a good deal but 8mb do u really need internet THIS FAST?

Reaction score
just been trying to ring them
spent probaly 40 mins.

im getting through
its just that they all seem to be confused about who i should be speaking to.

im on 1mb service for £30 which is taking the p***
just come outa my one year contract

i dont want to UPGRADE or DOWNGRADE
i just want 1mb for £14.50 a month for 6 months and then £19.50 a month for the last 6 months, which they are offering on their website!
i rekon its good value for money but its another 12month contract thats cool

it seems they are findin it difficult to deal with my query with me being an exsisting customer
some bloke just told me i would be without broadband for 30 days!
thats just really shocking if u ask me.

can anyone find me a cheaper deal than this?
if im without bband for 30 days with this company i mite aswell look elsewhere.

Reaction score
Bull$^!" Broadband

I signed up with bulldog in july. it took a month for the modem to arrive. once the modem arrived it took a further two weeks before the service was activated (they had to check if the service would work). everytime i wanted to contact customer services to discuss the hold up i had to negotiate my way through a tedious sequence of the automated phone machiney thingey (press 1 to wait, press 2 to wait...). at times it took over half an hour before a human voice could be heard... Ahhhhhhhhhh!

When i was finally given the activation date bulldog did not work. i phoned customer services, had to wait 45min (not exagerating) before the technical helpdesk asked me my problems and informed me they can not help me straight away and would call me tommorow between 9-6. (do they think we have nothing better to do?) i asked them for a specific time alas they could not promise me a precise time when they would call.

i waited at home the following day, no call back!

i called customer services, 45mins later was promised somebody would call me back........ next day no one called.

over the next two weeks i phoned them numerous times 50% of the time i could not even get through to a human voice. i complained to customer services an di recieved a letter apologising for the poor customer service but no help was offered.

when a technician did finally call i was told the service was PROBABLY too fast for my phone line. he reduced the broadband speed from 8mb to 1mb. this enraged me as the reason my activation date was set back was to check if the service would be available.

this did not help matters and my broadband was not working, i phoned back (45 mins later) i was told somebody would get back in touch with me.

I cancelled my broadband went back to BT and have lived happily ever after.

BUT!!!

two months later i have just checked my bank statement and Bulldog have taken £68 out of my account. Customer services are investigating!

Reaction score
8 MB Service

hi,

Just to add to the 8mb question mark:

I have been using Bulldog since August 05 and get a connection speed of 7.5mb downstream and 512k upstream.

I live in Manchester, sorry to disappoint you londoners but we have 8mb in the north you know!

cheers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
jimmy10 said:
I live in Manchester, sorry to disappoint you londoners but we have 8mb in the north you know!

Oh fantastic :D I've been looking into getting 8MB broadband (in Manchester too), as we're moving house in a few months to Castlefield so I guess they should have it there.

What do you think of it so far?

Ask a Question