Bulldog Broadband

Reaction score
Edit by Admin: Special Offer on Bulldog Broadband here (8MB from £9.75!)

Anyone tried this ISP yet?

4Mb download?, every postcode i've entered has said i can only get 1Mb max.

Is this just an advertising gimmick from cable and wireless or has anyone actually got a 4Mb connection with this ISP?

Reaction score
There are firms selling 8Mb downstream services... You should be able to get at least 2Mb down...

Reaction score
Techy said:
Anyone tried this ISP yet?

4Mb download?, every postcode i've entered has said i can only get 1Mb max.

Is this just an advertising gimmick from cable and wireless or has anyone actually got a 4Mb connection with this ISP?

of course I have tried them! MY friend told me about them last year and they gave me a offer I coulndt refuse!

4mb is only avaible in some areas of central London. But I do beleive 1mb or 2mb is avaible in some areas.

I have been impressed by this company so far I have a 1MB Bulldog Broadband Connection.
For me the company have a good customer support centre, touch wood so far I have not had any problems and the speed is perfect! :)

One happy customer here my friend! :)

Reaction score
Stay tuned Techy I beleive 4mb will arrive in many major towns this summer.....
Imagine a 4mb connection.....

obliterating!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i believe 4 or even 8Mbps is only available to people that have cable connections and are really close to the loacal exchange, i am about a mile form my local no cable and can get 2Mbps max

Reaction score
I like the new BT offering,

2mb downstream for £24.99 a month, seems pretty reasonable in my opinion,

I've heard good things about them over the past few months, seems their cust serv is improving a bit

Reaction score
Iv just orderd my 4meg connection, it will be arriving shortly. YEY. Btw I dont live in london or anywhere near, just in liverpool about half mile from my local exchange. So they are expanding, just hope ther 5x 155Mbit lines onto the backbone can take the abuse. lol.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Heard good reports about Bulldog, but can only get the 1 or 2MB in my area.

Let us know what the 4MB service is like Huw..

Reaction score
I am going to move in a new shared flat. The people who is moving out will cancel their contact of BT. So if I want to join Bulldog, do i need to contact BT for the phone line first? I dont really understand what the (Bulldog)web site say.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
waiting said:
I am going to move in a new shared flat. The people who is moving out will cancel their contact of BT. So if I want to join Bulldog, do i need to contact BT for the phone line first? I dont really understand what the (Bulldog)web site say.

Yes you'll probably need to contact BT first to get your phone line set up in your own name :)

Reaction score
Woo Hoo

Woohoo after all this time, since 31 March, Iv got an activation date for my 4meg connection. 11 days to go, now I just hope I dont suffer the same fate as those on bulldogs private forum, which is a compleate telephone system blackout for a few days. But then again we are british so complain but never compliment, thers goto be loads of ppl who had a seamless switch. right?

Reaction score
You can get NTL home which includes your phone line rental and Digi TV

Mine is £40 per month for Phone, Family pack cable & 2mb broadband

Split down
Broadband = 20
TV = 10
Phone = 10

I think that’s not bad

However I have heard some of the horror stories with NTL but that is all dependent on where you are in the UK.
The North West lot seem pretty competent, I have had a great customer service.

Reaction score
I live just outside London and have just signed up today - fed up with Tiscali's p***-poor customer service, inept technical service - the final straw being a letter received today telling me to limit my internet usage or else (I'm sorry, I thought I was paying for UNLIMITED ACCESS!!).

They threatened with cutting me off and asked me if I wanted to cancel.

I choose cancel!

I'm crossing my fingers for Bulldog - their bumpf came through the door at just the right time and I think I might actually be able to save some money too!!

I'm paying £19.50 for 4meg
£12 line rental (phone)
£2 for call waiting, number display and voicemail.

The customer service/tech support isn't 24 hour yet but they are planning on it, their call centres are in the UK (thus giving work to people who live here, Indian or otherwise!) and the numbers are 0800. It's also a month-to-month service, so if you don't like it you're not forced to stay for a year.

So far I'm happy - although it isn't here yet....!!

Reaction score
Bulldog Broadband, shouldn't that be Bullsh...

I'm fascinated to read semi-good reviews about this service, but then they are many of them 2 years old. This is my story. I signed up at the beginning of March to Bulldog to be told it'd take 20 working days to set up (a bit alarming in itself). It is now nearly June and I am still not connected. Added to which, they have bulldogged-up my phone line! For several days I couldn't receive phone calls!

The only time you can get through to their Customer Services is at 8am when it opens, and even then you have to wait 30 mins at least to be answered.

Add to this the fact that to connect to the internet while waiting for BB to connect you pay 4p per min on peak and 3p off peak and one can see that what started out as a good idea has become a true clunker if not actually corrupt.

AVOID THIS CRUDDY COMPANY

Reaction score
Filius Dextrae said:
I'm fascinated to read semi-good reviews about this service, but then they are many of them 2 years old. This is my story. I signed up at the beginning of March to Bulldog to be told it'd take 20 working days to set up (a bit alarming in itself). It is now nearly June and I am still not connected. Added to which, they have bulldogged-up my phone line! For several days I couldn't receive phone calls!

The only time you can get through to their Customer Services is at 8am when it opens, and even then you have to wait 30 mins at least to be answered.

Add to this the fact that to connect to the internet while waiting for BB to connect you pay 4p per min on peak and 3p off peak and one can see that what started out as a good idea has become a true clunker if not actually corrupt.

AVOID THIS CRUDDY COMPANY

well u cant please everyone

ive been with them for just under a year now
im a bit pised off too

they seem to bill me after 2 months or sometimes after 3 months

all added up correctly tho really gets to me!

i had some connection problems once abt 8 months back and i tried ringing em up
yes it was pretty hard to get through

i maywell part from them soon
unless i get a really good deal

Reaction score
WOOP Its Bulldog

WOOP WOOP, Its finaly all here.

Somepoint yeaterday early morning I got my 4meg connection and phone line. Ok it might have taken more than 20 days, 36 working days, but i have a faultless line with CLID which most others charge a few quid for and a 4 meg connection.

So for over 2quid less a month Im getting all the same service as bt and prodigy wer giving me before, but an 8 times faster connection.

Reaction score
Beware bulldog is bad for your blood pressure!

It really is just sales puff. I changed to them and it's the WORST thing I've ever done. yes they said 4 megs no probs, well shame on their face cos it's a lie. The service is appalling even AFTER they turned it down to 1meg. Continually disconnecting itself, rebooting the machine for no good reason and the absolute worst support of any ISP I've ever been with. If you ring them nine times out of ten an auto voice tells you to ring back later. The support is only available 9am to 5:30pm and when you finally do speak to someone all they do it take details and tell you that the mattern will be passed on and someone will conatact you in the next 24Hrs. Trust me they won't. I'm still suffering a crap service and helpless rage because I can't get any assistance. Cancel it do I hear? MWHAHAHA...... TRY IT! I can't. I've mailed (9times at last count) rang, 15 times and NOT ONE REPLY, not even an auto response.

Now the sting in the tail. Due to the fact they take over your telephjone line and you are no longer a BT customer you can't change supplier! Strange but true you need a BT line for 90% of broadband ISPs.

In the time it took to type this my connection has dropped out twice and the support number tells they are having high levels of calls and call back later.

Reaction score
There is only one always-online company with no ifs-no buts- no hidden extras, that company is NTL:thumb: . I have been with them for nine years, have never ever had a problem apart from normal interruption’s =upgrade etc:Have been upgraded five times at no extra charge I am now on [2 Meg network cable modem. Full TV package, all telephone calls [National] at local rate,] my bill is £70.00 per month. The same with SKY> BT> ETC: worked it out the cheapest would be £100.00+ per month. So I am a very happy customer. :) :thumb: :D >>>BT:p

Ask a Question