Building a pc

Reaction score
lol thanx chris that would save me ALOT of money, and meaning more PROFIT for me ! hehe :)

kk Waiting for you spec m8 :) lol Remember that he don't really play games at all, just little things like soldier of fortune just general use i thinks m8

Price range around the 500 mark, if cheaper that would be good :) lol

P.S i am making a website about me building computers, i will post it when i am done shortly, so if you would like a pc built by moi !!! Have a look lol :) Hehe Thanx

Reaction score
Ben - you need to consider this option (took me half an hour to put together)...

CPU: Athlon 64 S754 RETAIL with HS and Fan £131.59
Mob: DFI LAN Party NF3 Socket 754 £70.44
Cse: Arianet screwless installation riser free with 420w ATX supply £35.24
Psu: Inc. Above
Mem: 2x256Mb Corsair PC3200 £65.80
HDD: 160Gb Seagate Barracuda 7 SerialATA 150 8Mb 7200rpm £65.21
GFX: ATI Radeon 9800pro 128Mb DDR2 AGP8x £124.98
CD1: Sony dual layer DVD-rw Drive in Black £41.13
Fdd: A Black One £8.21
Fan: Akasa blue LED rear case fan £4.61
O/s: XP Home Service Pack 2 £64.63
P&p: Initial City link 24h £10.00

Total cost, delivered = £621.84
Total cost to customer = £649.99

You can probably get some of that stuff cheaper else where, but NOT ebuyer... but watch out that delivery dosen't make stuff more expensive e.g. you can chop a couple quid off some stuff at OCUK but at the end of the day they want near a tenner delivery, and they don't sell the case and PSU combo that you need...

Everything there should work find, and all cables are included.

Chris

edit: if you decide to use your FX5500 in this machine, knock £124.98 off that total. The 9800pro is a very good card for the money, and as you said that he dosen't play games too often, theres not that much point going for a 6600GT really... Seriously, in it's entirity above, thats one sweet machine, always liked the look of those DFI boards...

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Why did not anyone suggest just buying a CPU with a stock cooler? that would make bens life a darn sight easier - don't got to worry about the fan, don't got to worry about the heatsink and don't got to worry about amounts of thermal compound - i doubt he's ever seen a CPU before if this is the first time ;)
oooooooooooooooooooooooo.... get you sweety, feeling a little feisty this evening are we? :D

You are, of course, absolutely correct :blush:

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Ben - you need to consider this option (took me half an hour to put together)...

CPU: Athlon 64 S754 RETAIL with HS and Fan £131.59
Mob: DFI LAN Party NF3 Socket 754 £70.44
Cse: Arianet screwless installation riser free with 420w ATX supply £35.24
Psu: Inc. Above
Mem: 2x256Mb Corsair PC3200 £65.80
HDD: 160Gb Seagate Barracuda 7 SerialATA 150 8Mb 7200rpm £65.21
GFX: ATI Radeon 9800pro 128Mb DDR2 AGP8x £124.98
CD1: Sony dual layer DVD-rw Drive in Black £41.13
Fdd: A Black One £8.21
Fan: Akasa blue LED rear case fan £4.61
O/s: XP Home Service Pack 2 £64.63
P&p: Initial City link 24h £10.00

Total cost, delivered = £621.84
Total cost to customer = £649.99

You can probably get some of that stuff cheaper else where, but NOT ebuyer... but watch out that delivery dosen't make stuff more expensive e.g. you can chop a couple quid off some stuff at OCUK but at the end of the day they want near a tenner delivery, and they don't sell the case and PSU combo that you need...

Everything there should work find, and all cables are included.

Chris

edit: if you decide to use your FX5500 in this machine, knock £124.98 off that total. The 9800pro is a very good card for the money, and as you said that he dosen't play games too often, theres not that much point going for a 6600GT really... Seriously, in it's entirity above, thats one sweet machine, always liked the look of those DFI boards...
Thanx m8 i REALLY appreciate it ! That's a btter system then i had and CHEAPER ! haha thanx m8 !!! He deffo won't need that card !!! lol My card will do him fine ! :)

Will start looking for that stuff you said if he says he will tomoz ! :S Hopefully

I will look into the case, maybe just the one i was looking at before ?! :S lol

Seriously m8 i really appreciate that lol maybe you can help me if i have some more peeps wanting pc ! lol ;) hehe

edit: Even CHEAPER ! because he said he has Windows i think ! So another 64 pounds knocked off! This is wicked ! Man i hope he knows da effort i put into this if he don't accept ! lol ! Grrrr :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Belloni said:
I will look into the case, maybe just the one i was looking at before ?! :S lol
Leave the case alone - it's good, got removable side panels, good build quality, CPU cooler side air ducting, screwless cd and floppy installation and i have never had one of these power supplies blow up on me.

Leave it alone :D

Sell your mate the PC for £529.99 then if you dont need the 9800pro

Reaction score
Haha ok ! lol :)

Will try ! ;)

I might get him a CD-ROM drive aswell, even though he said he has one, i will just sell his one, so that he gets a better one :) I care for customers lol !!! hehe

I will sell it for a bit more I want atleast 70-90 pounds profit lol

He rich anywayz :p hehe

edit: Hehe well my mum is inpressed by it all ! :) lol She likes the idea of me being a entrepuner ! (How ever you spell it !) lol :p Hopefully this will be a long succseful buisness i build up :D She don't mind my taking money out of her account either to pay for parts hehe, as long as i pay it back ! DARN ! haha i ain't THAT mean ! Me keeping da 100 pound profit anywayz !

Last edited:

Ask a Question