budget pc??

Reaction score
hello fellow ppl,

i have a budget of around £400 - £500 to build a budget gaming computer.

i would like it to be fast 3.0ghz + and needs a good graphics card (doesn't have to be the best out there) i mainly play shoot em ups and would really only use it for counter strike and doom 3, it would have to be future proof and be able to play all types of games well.

any suggestions would be nice,

thanks alot
G~MAN

Reaction score
Hey George !

What about those ones you showed on Ebay ?! There good enough for you ...

Ati 9800 Pro probz good enough for your needs :p I have told you this all !!! :p

G man !

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
doom 3 is a high demanding game so £500 is gonna be a tight budget, do you plan on building this yourself or getting a a shop to do it?

specs along the lines of

P4 3Ghz or Athlon XP 3200
good quality motherboard Asus, DFI, Gigabyte etc
512Mb ram
120Gb HD
9800 Pro or 6600GT
DVD burner

plus case reasonable 400W PSU, keyboard, mouse + monitor roughly £650 if you shop about you could probably save some money, buying an off the shelf pc and putting in a better graphics card may be a better idea

Last edited:
Reaction score
Exactly what i said to him Me !!! Just won't listen lol G :p

I said maybe a Dell pc :S

Last option though ;)

hehe

Reaction score
i dont need a monitor reely, i was lookin at the dell website and they seem to be reasonably cheap including a moniter :D mouse ect ect...

but im not realy sure about the quality and wether or not 2 get one built with not so good specs and upgrade when i get sum cash :S

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
i dont need a monitor reely, i was lookin at the dell website and they seem to be reasonably cheap including a moniter :D mouse ect ect...

but im not realy sure about the quality and wether or not 2 get one built with not so good specs and upgrade when i get sum cash :S

George ... Dell are pretty good as i am sure everyone will agree ! ;) I would get one built by me hehe :p You get the parts you want m8 ...

Your loaded anywayz george :p

Hehe just get da actual pc coz u got an alright moniter and mouse :) lol

Reaction score
Belloni said:
George ... Dell are pretty good as i am sure everyone will agree ! ;) I would get one built by me hehe :p You get the parts you want m8 ...

Your loaded anywayz george :p

Hehe just get da actual pc coz u got an alright moniter and mouse :) lol

please refer to me as G~MAN :D

any hu... hu thinks going to a pcworld get a standard computer there with ok specs maybe a new moniter see there deals :p and upgrading it with a new graphics card and memory. the motherboard should be ok anyways RITE?

Reaction score
Sorry G MAN !!! :p

I MIGHT come with you to PCworld ... depends if i busy or not ... might go practise some tennis for my match l8z on ... lol

Ask them LOADS of questions and stuff ... :)

I'll help lol IF i go ! haha :p

Like is it upgradable ... PUSH them for deals etc ... :p

:)

Reaction score
well yer :p

it has got to be upgradeable or wots tha point in buyin one if you will have to get a new one as soon as a new computer part cums out :S like intergrated graphics! HATE EM! lol

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if your gonna build it yourself do what i did build a reasonable system and put in cheaper parts until you can afford to upgrade

My pc

P4 3Ghz
1 GB Vdata ram
Asus Motherboard
120GB HD
Radeon 9600SE
dvd burner
dvd rom
floppy
crappy case and 400W PSU

i built it 2 years ago and im happy, it still runs well and plays most games although i had slight overheating problems when playing some games which i sorted with some case fans

Ask a Question