Windows XP BSoD error

Reaction score
Error Signature:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : E0000001 BCP2 : F781F925 BCP3 : B250D704
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

i got that error when i turned the computer back on after i got the blue screen of death.

I allso got this:

C:\DOCUME~1\IVAR~1.BN-\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0f85.dir00\Mini051011-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\IVAR~1.BN-\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0f85.dir00\sysdata.xml

I really hope someone here can tell me what the problem is and how i can fix it. I have been getting it more and more recently.

Sincerely, Kristian

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Hello inmate #7533572 and welcome to the forums.

It is difficult to determine what could be causing the BSODs. I would first start with disabling the automatic restart on error option. This can be done from System Properties. Start>Control Panel>System>Advanced>Startup and Recovery>Settings>Uncheck "Automatically restart on error">Click OK and restart.

This will allow you to see the BSOD when it happens, rather than be prompted that there was an issue when the machine restarts. The cause is listed at the top.

Aside from that, look at a pattern. If you notice that the machine restarts when you do something specific (access an external USB drive, for example), then you can narrow many choices from there.

I would recommend clearing your startup as a test to see if, perhaps, you are overloading the memory allocation of the system. To do this: Start>Run>type MSCONFIG>OK>click the Startup tab. Note the items that are checked here, you may have to restore the checks to some items to get certain devices/software functioning properly. An example is an HP printer connected directly to the computer. The software allows it to print and without it running, the printer ceases to function. After noting those checked, click Disable All at the bottom. Click OK and restart. Use the machine normally and see if you still have the same problem. This, again, will help to lead you in the proper direction.

Reaction score
I might have forgotten to mention something rather important. Recently my computer get really messed up, so i had to reboot it to get a fresh start. I mean like delete absolutely everything, and start off like it was when i first got it. So it might be some kind of hardware that is corrupt or something like that. But i have no idea how to fix it. Since it is very "new" I don't think it has to do with memory overload.

But I will try out disabling the automatic restart on error thing, and see how that goes.

Sorry if my English is bad. I'm just a 15 year old Norwegian kid ^^

Sincerely, Kristian

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
sounds like the key would be to isolate a pattern. If you can reproduce the issue reliably, that will narrow your search for the failure.

Ask a Question