Dedicated Cruncher
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
734
Reaction score
0
Hi All
Dual-booted Windows 7 full version OEM with existing XP on a SATA 250GB HDD (200GB for the Windows 7). The existing XP OS shows up as a separate drive 'D' in 'Computer' so I can acces all my old files.
HP 3180 and Epson R360 printers work without using their installation discs, but my older Brother HL-1230, parallel-port laser is detected but does not work.
Tried the installation disc, Brother download site (which recommended downloading Vista Hl-1430 driver) to no avail and Googled it to death with no success.
Can always boot the XP OS to use it but would be most grateful for any advice on this
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:confused:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Moderator
Joined
Mar 5, 2002
Messages
20,281
Reaction score
1,794
Without investigating I'd think it very unlikely that Win 7 or even Vista would support a printer that's old enough to use a paralell port. Win 7 & Vista don't even support many older printers that use a usb interface.

I'm guessing if you want to use that printer you'll have to boot XP although as I said, that's just an opinion, not supported by fact.

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
734
Reaction score
0
Hi Flopps
It's looking that way - so I'll just boot XP to use the Brother HL-1230 - pity since it is brilliant printer.
Thanks
peahouse05:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.