Broken PC

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I've got a PC that I built myself last summer (although I changed the mobo in september) and now its stopped working. Its not the PSU as everything powers up, I just get nothing on screen nor and kind of loading noise. I haven't got a clue, and its been to a shop who have concluded that "It's broken". I was wondering where I'd stand in terms of insurance for it.

It's a general home owners contents insurance policy, would most of those cover this kind of thing?

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The actual PC broke whilst on, showing one of those blue screen error things with a long code with lots of zeros, the fatal exception kind, but it all switched off before I could read it. It hasn't shown me anything since.

Is there anything it could be with these symptoms? I've read memory, graphics, and been told HD. Are these possible?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You could turn off the auto restart in my computer properties, under the [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Advanced Tab->Startup & Recovery section. Hit settings and uncheck the auto restart box. This should givve you time to read the message and then post it here. :thumb:[/font]

.....although I changed the mobo in september....
Did you do a fresh install? XP dont like it when you change the MB without starting fresh. This may have something to do with it....

Ask a Question