broadbandbuyer.co.uk no refund

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need some advice I bought a Wireless Card from broadbandbuyer.co.uk that cost £20.13 which was faulty out of the box as it did not pick up any networks. I contacted them about this and they advised me to return the item to them. I have done this but they have almost had it for 2 weeks now and there is no sign of a refund that I asked for when I sent the item back to them. I have emailed them on a number of occasions but they either ignore all my emails or just keep passing them onto other departments or just keep saying they will refund me and then they don’t.

I also opened a PayPal dispute to try and resolve it that way but they did not respond to any of my messages through that either. I then decided to escalate the dispute to PayPal for a claim to try and get my money back. But I received an automated email from them that said they were unable to investigate this case as it was about the item quality rather than the delivery of the item. They have now closed my dispute and claim.

I need advice on what to do next do I write an official letter to them stating the sales of goods at and that the goods were not fit for purpose?

I would be grateful for any advice you can offer.

Thanks,

Wiz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd guess the small claims court.

Send them a letter by registered post stating you intend to take them to court to claim the cost of the goods and expenses for inconvenience, time lost and postage costs.

If that doesn't provoke a response then follow the claim through. Hopefully you have comprehensive details of all the correspondence, this will help you should it come to court.

Prior to this thread I had never heard of broadbandbuyer.co.uk and I'm rather glad I hadn't.

Reaction score
Thanks Flops. Will give that ago and see what happens. This is the first time I have used them and it will certainly be the last time too.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If your Pay Pal was paid by credit card then the credit card folk may be able to help.

Best of luck.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
If your Pay Pal was paid by credit card then the credit card folk may be able to help.

Best of luck.

happywave.gif

Hi AB,

I paid by Debit Card which is very annoying.

I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Reaction score
Resolved

Just thought that I would let you all know that I have got this resolved I phoned them this morning and stated the Distance Selling Regulations to them and what I am entitled to. Within an hour of me doing this they refunded me in full for the product and the original postage costs.

I will never use them again but I am happy with the result.

Thanks for your help.

Wiz

Reaction score
Hi Wiz,
Glad to her you got your money back from that shower of gits....there should be a law where you're able to bill them for the heartache they caused ya. I believe they do this on the off chance people wont bother chasing there cash.
Good on ya mate.
happywave.gif

Zzzzz

Ask a Question