Broadband problem

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
I regularly work on my eldest daughter's in-laws' network. They run a small plumbing business and have a main PC for wages, Gordon's take, etc and a Two PCs and a two wireless laptops, which mix business with pleasure.
Worked on one of the pleasure PCs this week and could not access the Internet. They now tell me this happens al the time and they power down the router and wait.
I replaced the original 4-port router with a 4-port +wireless a few months ago and a couple of weeks later they asked me to switch then fom Wannabe to TalkTalk for ISP.
So, it cannot be the router or the ISP, would be delighted if members could suggest a solution.
They live about 2 miles out of Bude but I have no idea how this distance from some BT something works.
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:confused:

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

It doesn't really matter how far you live from the exchange you will always get the internet, just faster if you live closer, slower if you are further away.

Sounds like the router could be overheating, my Be Box used to do it all the time, so i brought a Netgear one.

Phone the ISP, they will check the connection their end, tell them the exact setup;

What router, how many wired connections, how many wireless connections, it maybe that if it isn't Broadband then there is simply not enough band width to go around all the Computers.

Try disconnecting the ones that are not being used on the internet.

But regardless of what i have said phone the ISP.

Reaction score
You could be having noise-on-the-line.
Interferance from electrics, stormy weather etc all can affect the line you broadband is on.

Try getting the line checked.

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Broadband Promlem

Thanks Guys
Will get them to contact the ISP
Cheers
peahouse05:)

Ask a Question