Wanted Brass mobo standoffs needed !!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I need three brass motherboard standoffs for my new build.

They need to be 7mm high with a fine thread.

I could do with six of the screws that hold the mobo down aswell. They have the same fine thread and I do have some I can use as they have the same thread as the ones used to fasten cd/dvd drives but they have smaller flanges on them.

Can anyone help out ??? :wall:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
PM me and I'll post them off in the morning ... don't worry about the head size, as long as they not overly large. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
PO visited, expect your package tomorrow before 1pm ... if not, I get me money back! :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
PO visited, expect your package tomorrow before 1pm ... if not, I get me money back! :)

Thanks muck's.
It did occur to me that shorter standoffs might cause a problem. The backplate that holds the pci cards in place is designed for 7 mm standoffs so putting 5 mm standoffs in would mean that the pci cards would be 2 mm lower than intended. Meaning that the cards would not sit fully in the slots if they were secured to the backplate. I'll have to see if I can make some 2 mm plastic washers to make up the difference.
On my last build I kept on getting a black screen and I tracked it down to a small bend in the case which put just a small amount of pressure on the gfx card and lifted it slightly out of the slot over time. I am not sure how I tracked that down but a small sharp tap on the case sorted it out permanently.
Anyway I am sure that I will be able to codge something up and get running.

If anyone else is reading this thread and has three 7 mm standoffs they would be gratefully received.:cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Blimey what a minefield. Your link goes to 9 mm standoffs. It did lead me to these 7 mm standoffs but they do not say if they are fine threads an they come from China :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MJUABCG/ref=s9_dcbhz_bw_g23_i3_sh

I am going to wait for yours to arrive and see how I get on. I did find a kit that has fine threaded standoffs but they do not say how long they are and they are in the USA.
What a blooming minefield. :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'll have a rummage, bit knackered atm but first thing in the morning...

Ask a Question