boot start/sys start "driver(s) failed to load"

stevemiller

OS Win. XP sp1 (home)

pwif2 won't load. Event ID 7026. problem may be related
to...
"Application popup" Event ID 26, SystemRoot\System32
\NTOSKRNL.EXE, failed to load.

Microsoft has no info on either error according to "bla
bla/fwlink/events.asp"

I can only log on as "administrator" in safe mode.

As "owner" in regular mode I don't have any access to 16
bit functions, DOS functions, or ntfs access.

I tried, recently, to delete the Administrator files as I
thought having duplicate files was a waste of space. Since
I am the sole Owner, Administrator, Author of all
functions on this, my, computer. That was a bad choice. I
ended up deleting, with kremlin blowfish, some important
system files. they are unrecoverable. I managed to import
some DLL's and XP edited them and used them but as far
as .exe files I am at a loss as where to find them. I
cannot access "systemroot\system32\" to find out
specifically whats missing. My OS came with my HP pc and I
have no OS CD to fall back on. My commands at cmd prompt
are very limited. I am not allowed access
to "administrator" files although I am the only MF that
ever used this PC! I am not connected to a "network" which
seems to be the flavor of winXP. I just want """ONE""""
OWNER,OPERATOR,ADMINISTRATOR,AUTHOR,USER, for my PC!

Carey Frisch [MVP]

HP Pavilion computers have a hidden partition which contains the files necessary
to restore your PC to its original factory condition. Please read and follow these
instructions carefully:

HP Pavilion Desktop PCs - Performing a Full System Recovery in Microsoft Windows XP
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bph07145

HP Pavilion Desktop PCs - Obtaining Recovery Discs
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_searc...FIKSBEOSQ?reg=na&cc=us&docName=buh07143&lc=en

HP Instant Support Professional Edition
http://instantsupport.asiapac.hp.com/euserv/jsp/hpinstantsupport.jsp

HOW TO: Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279783&Product=winxp

User Accounts That You Create During Setup Are Administrator Account Types
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293834&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"stevemiller" (e-mail address removed)
wrote in message:

| OS Win. XP sp1 (home)
|
| pwif2 won't load. Event ID 7026. problem may be related
| to...
| "Application popup" Event ID 26, SystemRoot\System32
| \NTOSKRNL.EXE, failed to load.
|
| Microsoft has no info on either error according to "bla
| bla/fwlink/events.asp"
|
| I can only log on as "administrator" in safe mode.
|
| As "owner" in regular mode I don't have any access to 16
| bit functions, DOS functions, or ntfs access.
|
| I tried, recently, to delete the Administrator files as I
| thought having duplicate files was a waste of space. Since
| I am the sole Owner, Administrator, Author of all
| functions on this, my, computer. That was a bad choice. I
| ended up deleting, with kremlin blowfish, some important
| system files. they are unrecoverable. I managed to import
| some DLL's and XP edited them and used them but as far
| as .exe files I am at a loss as where to find them. I
| cannot access "systemroot\system32\" to find out
| specifically whats missing. My OS came with my HP pc and I
| have no OS CD to fall back on. My commands at cmd prompt
| are very limited. I am not allowed access
| to "administrator" files although I am the only MF that
| ever used this PC! I am not connected to a "network" which
| seems to be the flavor of winXP. I just want """ONE""""
| OWNER,OPERATOR,ADMINISTRATOR,AUTHOR,USER, for my PC!

stevemiller

Great! Thanks for the links and info..