Boot.ini and XP

G

Thanks to the responses I got last night I was able to get my original XP to boot and not take me to the newer installed XP. Now my question is, how do I know that the XP version I installed yesterday is gone. Yes it no longer asks me which to boot to, but that is only because I deleted the boot right? The "bad" version I installed yesterday still may be on my system bogging the system down. How do I get that entire version off the system?

Thanks in advance for any help!

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Visit http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html and click on
link #18 (I have two installations of XP on the same partition) and
follow the instructions.

[Courtesy of Michael Stevens, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Thanks to the responses I got last night I was able to get my original XP to boot and not take me to the newer
installed XP. Now my question is, how do I know that the XP version I installed yesterday is gone. Yes it no longer
asks me which to boot to, but that is only because I deleted the boot right? The "bad" version I installed yesterday
still may be on my system bogging the system down. How do I get that entire version off the system?
|
| Thanks in advance for any help!

Ask a Question