Blue Screen And Error Message

Reaction score
Guys I am new to this forum......however, for the last 3 weeks or so my computer have been showing blue screen, and shows the following:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
and
STOP:0X000000D1(0XFFFFFFFC,0X00000002,0X00000000,0 XF76ACBEA)
NDIS.sys-ADDRESS F76ACBEA base at F7697000, Datestamp 41107ec3

And after restarting, the further detail are shown as below when I have click the link on the window thea appeared with the message 'system recovered from serious error':

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : FFFFFFFC BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F76ACBEA OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I have already done memtest for a night but no errors were found,
Can anybody help me to sort out the problem
System Specification:
AMD duocore3800 processor
ASUS motherboard M2NPV-VM
NVIDIA CHIPSET
512 RAM, 80 GB harddisk, HITACHI
Please help!!!!!!!!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Reaction score
Windows XP Blue Screen of Death STOP Codes:

When Windows XP detects a problem from which it cannot recover, it displays Stop messages. These are text-mode error messages that report information about the condition.

Stop messages, sometimes referred to as blue screens (BSoD), contain specific information that can help you diagnose and possibly resolve the problem detected by the Windows kernel.

This list describes these messages and helps you understand and interpret them.

This list is NOT exhaustive or meant to resolve EVERY error.

This list of messages is a guide to individual messages and their possible causes and resolutions... Having a basic understanding of these error messages enables you to communicate with your technical support professional more effectively too.

With all these Stop messages, you can pretty much assume someone else has encountered the problem before you. That is why tying in the error message into www.google.com , posting a notice for help on a relevant newsgroup and entering the stop code into the "Microsoft Knowledge Base" can yield help just when you need it!

Here is the (long) list:

[mucks edit: I shortend it :rolleyes: ]

Reaction score
@muckshifter,nishikanth
from your postings and links I have been able to zero in on 3 possibilities,
1) my drivers are defective
2)my RAM is defective
3)my pagefile isn't in good shape.
So far I have upgraded the drivers from ASUS site.
Is it possible to pinpoint my problem given the BCC CODE and other information given? If so then please help.....

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, BCCs are memory dumps that I cannot read ... you'll need a 'nerd' from MS.

Stop Errors are, can be, a little more informative. They only point to a suggested cause ... you have to diagnose, by removing and replacing the suspected components. Easy for a good PC shop to do, not so easy for the home user.

Me? I just sat down "one day" and ... ;)

Did you turn off Auto-Restart ?
control panel / System / Advanced Tab / Start Up and Recovery / Settings / UnTick Auto Restart

... it should then give you a BSOD (blue Screen of Death) that I can interprete better ... but you must post the FULL error message.

:user:

Reaction score
Whatever the problem is it is most likely that it is checked to start up on bootup.This program whatever it is is causing a conflict.If you can determine which program this is you may be able to determine which drivers need updating.If you uncheck all the programs that are not nessesary for bootup you may encounter the problem when you go to engage the program that is causing the error.Then you can either delete it or find drivers that will accomadate it.

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Does the machine start and run OK in Safe Mode?

A quick Google shows there may be a problem with your network card / router setup.
If you are able to, check Device Manager for any yellow exclaimation marks.
Try removing or disabling the lan card / onboard lan.

Covenant

Reaction score
@Convenant

But there is no such yellow exclamation mark in the device manager...for your convenience....my motherboard is ASUS M2NPV-VM..and the lan port is not working...so I have got a Realtek RTL8139D lancard...can this be a problem of non compatability? I have not been able to find the updater for the lan card driver.....
Please suggest

Reaction score
RE:and the lan port is not working

Can you tell us why your lan port is not working?And as mentioned earlier it should be disabled if you are not using the device.Go into CMOS and make sure the onboard lan is disabled.

Reaction score
It was non-functional because the jack of the port is defective....and to avoid it I got a external REALTEK 8139D lancard

Reaction score
Problem Solved

hi there i am an IT engineer, where do u live i can come out and sort that problem out for you

Ask a Question