My Computer keeps shuting down. Help please.

Reaction score
Hi All,

My computer keeps shutting down several time a day. I don't know what cause this to happen. The error is reported as

BCCode:9c BCP1:00000000 BCP2:805326F0 BCP3:C45AC000
BCP4:00000136 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:1_0 Product:256_1

I checked and found that might cause from my AVI Video Card. I tried to update my driver from AVI but the problem still haven't been solved. Can anyone help?

My computer is quite old. Here is its spec:

AMD Athlon 1.1 GHz 768 MB RAM: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack1

Thanks,
Pars

Reaction score
Just shutting down after how long? 10mins, 1hour?

Chances are it could be a heat problem. If it's old it may need to be cleaned out of dust etc

If you are a smoker then that can cause a proper yukky mess inside

make sure all you're fans are turning when you boot up and cheak all the heatsinks are clear of debri which will stop airflow from the fans if the are not

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Just shutting down after how long? 10mins, 1hour?

Chances are it could be a heat problem. If it's old it may need to be cleaned out of dust etc

If you are a smoker then that can cause a proper yukky mess inside

make sure all you're fans are turning when you boot up and cheak all the heatsinks are clear of debri which will stop airflow from the fans if the are not

Thanks for your suggestion.

My computer keeps shutting down unpredictable. Sometimes, it clashed every hours, sometimes several hours or couple days. If it's heat problem, can I find anything to ensure it's the root cause of my problem.

Thank you very much,

Reaction score
I have cleaned up all the fan and remove dust out. It has shuted down after almost an hour after that.

It doesn't tell me anything. It simply turns off itself :(

I am now leaving the side case open to ensure there is space for heat to cool down. Any suggestion?

Reaction score
alexcarlson said:
Does the computer shut down and power off, or does it restart?

It shuts down and then restart. Sometimes, when it's restart, it goes to Blue screen.

Ask a Question