crash dumps

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the problem I am having with the computer crash dumping. The problem report is

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 82B2115E
BCP3: C5337B54
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Thanks - computer illiterate of Herefordshire

Reaction score
It happened while I was using Facebook via Firefox, but the machine has crash dumped several times before, but I didn't make a note of the reasons. I have taken all the online games off, am using Avast antivirus and spyware software too so there are no viruses etc. My machine is three years old now

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
What version of Windows?

Also, can you post the dump files? They are located in C:\Windows\Minidump. Pick the most recent file by date. Right click the file, highlight send to and choose compressed folder. Then post that file. If you have additional, that helps as well.

Reaction score
Apparently it is a problem with Windows Vista and Microsoft are aware of it. I'll just have to wait until they have solved the problem. Anyway, thanks for your offer of help.

Reaction score
No. It was just an internet windows fault finder and it came up with the message that there was a problem with Windows Vista and Microsoft Inc were trying to sort the problem out.

Ask a Question