Black screen

Reaction score
When i turn on my computer, it has a black screen that says, "Type in password and press enter" and the problem is when i type any letter, nothing appears. but when i press enter, it say some Halt.... what should i do??

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Bit more info needed.
What OS are you running ?
Are you on a network ?
Has this problem only recently started ?
Is this a home computer ?

Reaction score
well i am using window 7, and my computer needs a system password.. before i can even boot or anything...

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
well i am using window 7, and my computer needs a system password.. before i can even boot or anything...

And how was this " system password " put into place ? As this is not a normal action for W7 unless you are on a network and the administrators have a script running.

Reaction score
ok i locked my computer buy putting in password using the BIOS setup. (security). now i tried typing in the password, nothing appears. but when i press enter, it does works. but while typing in letters nothing appears.. and i know the password. its just that nothing is appearing on the black screen when i type...

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Login the way you can ad go into BIOS, remove the password. The set BIOS to optimized deafult, which will basically set BIOS back to a factory setting. Save and exit.

Reaction score
I think in some cases, if you turn on the password to modify the bios, it will automatically prompt you for a password to start the computer as well, even if there isn't a password set. I would try just pressing the enter key at this point to enter a blank password and see if that does it.

Ask a Question