Bioshock Thread

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Only a few more days to go then, I can't wait :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep, a week and a day! (August 21st is the US release date.) :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
You know it! :D
just 5 more days, hope it runs good on my computer

just a question, is it DX10 enhanced?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Whats your specs Alf?

Yep, its DX10 enhanced, got this from another forum as the link to the download of the manual from steam is broke. :(

The DX10 features are enabled through a graphics option entitled "DX 10 detail surfaces." It's disabled in DX9 and on by default in DX10. Enabling it turns out the various enhancements for DX10 such as dynamic
water ripples, soft edges for particles, and crisper shadow edges.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
For DX10 enhancements, it sure aint much - i dont really see why they could add that to DX9 ... a programming thing perhaps?
My computer doesnt have Vista installed, so it was more or less to see what i would be 'missing'
but just for kicks , specs as followed :)

A8N32-SLI
AMD FX-57
2 Gigs RAM
asus 7900GT
X-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty
250Gb HDD
560W PSU

I have no desire to make a complete move to vista, but do you think its a good idea to have XP and Vista set up as a dual boot - just to have vista for DX10? Or Would it be best to have one or the other?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Id rather not watch em, this way nothing is spoiled :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Alf said:
For DX10 enhancements, it sure aint much - i dont really see why they could add that to DX9 ... a programming thing perhaps?
My computer doesnt have Vista installed, so it was more or less to see what i would be 'missing'
but just for kicks , specs as followed :)

A8N32-SLI
AMD FX-57
2 Gigs RAM
asus 7900GT
X-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty
250Gb HDD
560W PSU

I have no desire to make a complete move to vista, but do you think its a good idea to have XP and Vista set up as a dual boot - just to have vista for DX10? Or Would it be best to have one or the other?

With your set up you could have another HDD and put Vista on it . Use something like Acronis Disk Director to boot from the chosen OS and manage the rest of your disk partitions .

user.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
With your set up you could have another HDD and put Vista on it .

Sounds interesting... i just have to find a small capacity HDD.
And it being Vista, i would have to update all my drivers on the 'vista HDD' for things to roll smoothly, right?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Alf said:
Sounds interesting... i just have to find a small capacity HDD.
And it being Vista, i would have to update all my drivers on the 'vista HDD' for things to roll smoothly, right?

http://www.nextag.com/Maxtor-160GB-SATA-II-517394569/prices-html

$52 for 160 GB don't know about shipping . As to Vista you need to ask the experts .
nod.gif

Get a bigger drive and use some of the space for OS Backup Partitions never need to worry about major crashes again . ;)

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
well thinking about it, right now i belive i should wait a long time to go to vista- or at least wait until Nvidia gets its act together with the SLI drivers. ( i do plan on going sli.. eventually :D)

till then - twas a pipe dream

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Taken from 2K Forums:
Hello PC Gamers,

For all news regarding BioShock, be sure to visit the Cult of Rapture website.

WHEN WILL BIOSHOCK PC DEMO COME OUT?

Even though there is a BioShock Demo for the Xbox 360™, there are many PC fans wondering when their version will be coming out.

Rest assured, you will be playing the BioShock PC demo before BioShock's release date of August 21st. We are still going through the final stages of approval and will push the demo out as soon as possible. Just so everything is clear, the PC demo will not be coming out tonight.

Elizabeth will let you know where to get the demo as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks,
Jon
:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I know what you mean, but thats the US date, we have to wait til the 24th. :D

Hey i aint really fussed anyway, I have it on preorder to be delivered on the 24th. For the ones that are unsure, a demo will be good. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm hoping for the demo, as I'm away for a few days from Friday so there isn't much point in ordering from Amazon. I think I'll pick it up on my way back though (or order over Steam early if possible!).

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
whats the point of playing the demo, when its so ridiculously close to release

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Because not everyone will rush out and buy the game as soon as its released, some will want to play the demo before they splash the cash. The demo wont disappear when the games released. ;)

Ask a Question