BIOS Problem

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello All
Have not been around for a while due to work and other things, could do with some help with my Asus PC. The motherboard is M4N68T-M-LE-V2 with a Western Digital SATA 250 Gb HD and 4Gb RAM.
Was trying to format a SATA HD for my niece which was not booting Windows 7 when the PC crashed. Would not re-boot and on entering BIOS found both HD and DVD drives in brackets, ie disabled.
Have downloaded the ASUS BIOS update and installed it via EZ Flash 2 with usb , which appeared to work but all drives still appear in brackets although all the details appear to be correct in BIOS.
Welcome any help and thanks in advance.
peahouse05

Reaction score
Have you enabled the SATA/RAID function and set it to IDE?

If it has it?

Made sure all the SATA devices are enabled? or Set to Auto?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
tell me what you got ... both cables, or just SATA?

you can stop watching at 50%

... there was no need to flash the BIOS. (unless you got an old mb that don't understand Win7)

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Mucks

Just have SATA connected but all drives in BIOS are in brackets so when I boot I get Reboot and Select proper Boot device

Thanks
peahouse05

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ok, back up a bit, need a bit more on the history.

Was trying to format a SATA HD for my niece which was not booting Windows 7
It just failed to boot one day? If that is so, then it may be a bit more serious that just a software problem. Could be anything from a loose cable to a failed motherboard.

go get the manual, you kept the startup disks & box, didn't you? :)

MB Manual (second Global one on the list)

Also, I want you to "reset the BIOS" ... this is the only sort of instance I would suggest anyone do this.

check the manual as to where your jumper is located ... you can also just go into the BIOS and use the "reset to default" ... look for it, it is there.

:user:

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello Mucks and Triplexdred
Thanks for your replies - trying everything you have suggested and will report back -think I may have messed this up big time.
Kind Regards
peahouse05

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Mucks and Triplexdred
Have reset the bios and the WD2599AAKS SATA drive is now accesible. Installed W7 on this and all seemed OK but then got BSODs. Changed this drive for a 60GB OCZ SSD drive and all seems ok. Will attempt to format the WD drive to see what happens.
Thanks for your help - have been away too long and forgotten a lot of what I learnt on the forum.
Cheers
peahouse05:thumb:

Ask a Question