Big Trouble

G

Yeah i was just infected with the nvrsde.exe download trojan virus and it has really messed my computer up. i cant download anything without it saying that i cant connect to the server or it saying the i don't have permission to enter it. I can't get into my email, nor neither of my bank accounts. I don't have a firewall and i turned my security down to the lowest yet i still cant access things. What did this guy do to my computer. Please help

G

"What did this guy do to my computer"????
Obviously you have no firewall so YOU left yourself open!
Enable XP's firewall or download Zone Alarm.

About the filename - Google and Symantec show nothing at this time.
I would re-check that filename and do a Google search.
Good Luck!

G

1. Make sure that you get the latest anti-virus updates and run a full system scan.
2. Be absolutely certain that you have eliminated all virus / worm infection, by going to Symantec's website and doing an online scan.

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym

3. If you still have problems accessing sites, try a reinstallation of Windows.

Insert the XP CD, from the cmd prompt browse the CD [click START>RUN type in CMD and enter] and get to the \I386 directory.

type in WINNT32.EXE /UNATTEND

This will reinstall Windows, but not loose all your registry settings for applications etc.

Ask a Question