Best laptop available for under £450

Reaction score
I think i may get it as its only £426 with wireless card and carry case. So you just slot the card into the side of the laptop. There are only 55 left so better hurry and make a decision.

Say i had a budget or no more than £500 what could i get with that?

Reaction score
So would I, in any other circumstance I'd recommend the same I have, but it's over your budget...

Reaction score
But that laptop only has 1.5 hours battery life, aldo how logn does the ebuyer one have, i cant seem to find it.

Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
Processor speed: 1.8 GHz
Processor: AMD Sempron
Screen size: 15.4 brightwidescreen
Storage: 60 GB
RAM: 512 Mb
Records DVDs: 8x
Built in wireless 802.11g
Maybe what lets it down is its on XP Home? Also battery life is low, easily rectified with a new longer lasting special typwe of battery, up to £100

No firewire, 3 usb

Here is the link, hope this helps :thumb:

i like it

Reaction score
Its good but the battery lets it down, can you see how long the batter life is on the ebuyer laptop?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Oh, well i wasn't sure if there was a difference. How is it more efficient? Also if its intergrated i cant take the card out?

Also that ebuyer laptop has 1.5hours battery life aswell.

Sorry if im asking stupid questions but PC's are more my thing.

Reaction score
Oh, so if you have just the wireless card you can take it in and out buy you have to turn it on when you want to connect?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
If you have an integrated card, you will see nothing but usually an extra button on the keypad to switch on and off.

If you have an external card, it will protrude an inch or so from the side of your case. You have to activate it each time you insert, and to be frank they are often a bit more unreliable, and you have to be careful about de-activating before removing so as not to damage it or your laptop.

For what my opinions worth, I personally would go for integrated wireless, and you really should consider upgrading that RAM to 512MB ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice :) Im unlikely to get 512mb on a £450 budget am i? Anyway my dad just wants a laptop for office stuff and wireless internet. I still havent seen one better than the ebuyer one, if only it had intergrated wireless internt i would get it straight away.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You can always buy another stick of 256 RAM later from Crucial for around £30 and put it in yourself if needed.

If you can't find an integrated wireless laptop within your bugdget, then you will just have to go for the external one then.

:)

Reaction score
I was told having the add on card isnt a problem and that they havent found it to be unreliable and that they dont need to keep activating it etc

Im sure there not too bad surely?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Have a look at these from Novatech HERE

Although I've never bought a PC/Laptop from them, I have bought alot of componants in the past and they have a good reputation.

Ask a Question