Best laptop available for under £450

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a laptop for no more than £450 maybe stretch to £500 if its really worth it.

I will be using the laptop for internet, word processing etc. Im not really bothered about playing games on it. I also want to be able to connect to the internet wirelessly aswell.

I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks

Reaction score
If you have £500 to spare, i might have found the laptop you desire. It's from Comet, and before anything is said i bought my laptop from them, and so far so good.

Processor speed: 1.8 GHz
Processor: AMD Sempron
Screen size: 15.4 brightwidescreen
Storage: 60 GB
RAM: 512 Mb
Records DVDs: 8x
Built in wireless 802.11g
Maybe what lets it down is its on XP Home? Also battery life is low, easily rectified with a new longer lasting special typwe of battery, up to £100

No firewire, 3 usb

Here is the link, hope this helps :thumb:

Reaction score
Thats what i have at present, that laptop seems pretty god though, mines was £450 several months ago, and has 40gb, 512mb, 1.4 or 1.6 celeron m and same 15.4" wideglare thingy

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
What about after sales service and support? It virtually an unknown brand. Toshiba does look good on the other hand.

Reaction score
PotGuy, having a look at that link, personally I don't think that's a great system :/

Here's one I bought a few weeks back. Not a bad deal at all, the site has all the specs on it. Not a bad little laptop at all

I got it from scan.co.uk, here's the link.

Reaction score
I would honestly pay the little extra for the extra 256mb ram, and that extra 0.4 of an inch screen, also it doesnt have a dvd-rw.

Jewell, thats a nice spec, except out of stuarts laptop by around £100, still both can be compared to, and if he doesnt have enough or can spare the money needed, he can choose from a multiple of laptops

Reaction score
That eBuyer one doesn't seem to bad, only diss I'd have on it would be the lack of RAM, and possibly the size of the HDD (I have a lot of movies n music on my laptop, so I need a lot of space). Obviously this depends on your usage and needs tho...

Still, a good price.

Reaction score
The laptop doesnt have wireless internet but you can but a wireless card for it, but if you buy the wireless card how would u install this? And by installing it would you void the warranty?

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Shouldn't void the warranty in any way.

To make life easier, I'd simply buy a laptop with an integrated wireless card, so you don't have to faff about with all that installation. Most of them do now (I believe) and it shouldn't add too much to the final price of the laptop itself.

Reaction score
Well if someone can find me a laptop for under £450 with a integrated wireless card equal or better than the ebuyer one then i would be very happy :)

Thanks again

Reaction score
I will probaly get the ebuyer one although how do i install the wireless card, just slot it in?

Ask a Question