choosing a new windows PC

Reaction score
I am having difficulty finding good reviews for a new laptop that I would like to buy.
I am looking to buy a new laptop either 13 or 14 inch and have a budget of around £500 to spend.
I want to stay with a Windows computer. I am not a gamer and use my machine mainly for email, Excel and the internet. I do have quite a lot of files so I would like to have a decent processor.I am not very techie and tend to rely on reviews. At the moment the best that I have seen is LENOVO Idea Pad 510S 14" Laptop.
Anyone have any comments or a suggestion where I can look for good reviews or suggest a PC for me.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

I really like the look of the ASUS Zenbook UX310UA - it meets your requirements and is reasonably powerful... the only point that may be worth looking at is the hard drive size. It's a 128GB SSD, which will be much faster than a standard mechanical hard drive, however you'll get much less capacity. For me, that tradeoff is worth it, as I don't have large files on my laptop (i.e. movies, large downloads, loads of photos/music).

It may be worth checking how much storage space you're using on your current laptop and see if a small SSD is a better fit. It could well be that you're using hundreds of GB storage space and it wouldn't be possible to get an SSD within budget.

The LENOVO Idea Pad 510S looks good too, however you may have the same issue with the SSD size depending on the model you go for.

There's no doubt that SSDs are fantastic, but just make sure that it'll provide enough storage space for you :).

Ask a Question